Morgan v. Jones

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

South Pender
Legend

Excellent idea, James. Greater gun security in the home seems to me like something that actually might reduce the number of shootings--at least by those accessing and then using guns that were easily accessed in the home.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Just to play devils advocate on this one (I think it is a good idea as well) but how many times have we heard that some gun owners don't cotton to kindly too gun safe's when it comes to home defense.

The reasoning being that if the guns are locked up in a safe somewhere, they aren't going to be handy if they are needed them to defend against an intruder. There will always be some that will keep the hand gun in the night stand next to the bed.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

jcalhoun wrote:
Sir Purrcival wrote:Just to play devils advocate on this one (I think it is a good idea as well) but how many times have we heard that some gun owners don't cotton to kindly too gun safe's when it comes to home defense.

The reasoning being that if the guns are locked up in a safe somewhere, they aren't going to be handy if they are needed them to defend against an intruder. There will always be some that will keep the hand gun in the night stand next to the bed.
That's a good point. Especially in states that have concealed carry laws (ie, where people have the legal right to carry a handgun with them) there would probably be a lot of resistance to my proposal. But to that I'd say, cultures change slowly. Think about smoking. If I'd told you in 1980 that within 15 years you wouldn't be able to smoke in any bar or restaurant, and within 20 that would include patios and your own car if a kid was present, you'd have said that was ridiculous. Or a non-smoker might have said, 'it'll never happen.' It did. Slowly.

Cheers,

James
Point. You have to start somewhere
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
South Pender
Legend

As the politicians are fond of saying these days, "Don't let the purrfect be the enemy of the good."