Anyone else lose a post when you try to submit it?

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

This has happened to me a few times. Less lately because sometimes I save it to WordPad before I "try" to submit it.

Gheez ... some of us type these long posts. Go to submit it, and the site freezes to white, or just doesn't move, eventually goes to no response, and your work is ... gone.

I just barely saved a recent post about the Als/Esks game, when the screen went ... white. OMG. But I found when I opened up WordPad there was a paste available. My work was there. Gheezus.

I guess this is just the way it is, D.

But I expect some of our people have also lost posts, after quite a few minutes work. Very maddening.

WCJ

PS, saving this post to WordPad before I try to submit it. :wink:

And backspacing does not recapture the work.
D
Team Captain

there are a number of things beyond my control that could cause that but I have also been doing a lot of updating of the software recently, adding the links directory, removing the arcade which no longer worked, updating the photo gallery. those could slow things down while transitioning to the updated files
I own The Grey Cup! .com
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I've lost several posts lately. I hit the button to submit and get an empty box, with my words gone and nothing submitted. I try to save my text beforehand for longer posts but not all of them.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

I had that happen to me a few times long ago; ever since then I always buffer everything I've written with at least ctrl-AC — sometimes even dumping to an external editor as you say — and then I use the preview function to make sure the html is okay. Sometimes you can innocently axe an [ or a ] from "[/quote]" or somesuch by accident and it completely messes up the attributions and formats.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Rammer
Team Captain

B.C.FAN wrote:I've lost several posts lately. I hit the button to submit and get an empty box, with my words gone and nothing submitted. I try to save my text beforehand for longer posts but not all of them.
I quoted a few members this past week and when I submitted my post, it produced an error about the post not available. I just went back and re-posted the post as an article quote with success. Then I inserted the quote member's name, funny to see the quote without any post from that member, but it worked.
Entertainment value = an all time low