A Celebration of Life

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Thought long hard about mentioning this, but I think it needs to be appropriate especially now…

''I put together a little memorial video with the digital photos I have of dad. If you knew him you might enjoy this video''

[video][/video]

A Celebration of Life

Welcome back home again…

Bobby Dale
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
D
Team Captain

I wasn't going top post that here but that is my dad who passed away on August 6th. He is also the guy who brought me to my first several Lions games, the 72 Canada Russia series, the Ali Chuvalo fight in 72, a bunch of Canuck games and soccer games. The first sporting event I can remember going to with him was a soccer game at Empire featuring the Vancouver Royals playing aginst a team that had Pele on it. In later years we also went to a few concerts together including the Stones and Bob Seger.

For the last 30 years he has lived on the Island so I didn't get to see him much, just a couple times a year.

If your parents or the people you love are still around get out and spend some time with them because you never know when it will be to late
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

D wrote:I wasn't going top post that here but that is my dad who passed away on August 6th. He is also the guy who brought me to my first several Lions games, the 72 Canada Russia series, the Ali Chuvalo fight in 72, a bunch of Canuck games and soccer games. The first sporting event I can remember going to with him was a soccer game at Empire featuring the Vancouver Royals playing aginst a team that had Pele on it. In later years we also went to a few concerts together including the Stones and Bob Seger.

For the last 30 years he has lived on the Island so I didn't get to see him much, just a couple times a year.

If your parents or the people you love are still around get out and spend some time with them because you never know when it will be to late

Absolutely great advice. If there is one thing that those who have lost parents can say to those whose parents are alive is exactly that. You never know.

Some years ago now my wife's dad was suffering lung cancer and other ailments and at times it was hard to get up for a Friday night visit. Then a friend's dad died and at the grave site while speaking to the son-in-law - another friend from high school- I related that story. He made it clear that we absolutely have to do this as after they are gone the regret will be the memory.

PIgskin's father looks to be quite a character and full of life. To me that always has to be the measure of a person's life - how well it was lived and I don't mean about the riches. It looked from those photos that PS's dad enjoyed his life and his family. It doesn't get better than that.

My dad passed away December 27, 2005 holding my mom's hand (she's still alive) in a shared hospital ward as she had a stroke and had her own battle to recover from. As I said at my dad's memorial service that is a Hollywood ending - to be holding your wife of 66 year's hand when you leave this earth. Also for him he was the last of 8 brothers and sisters so it was special for our cousins as they visited both of them in hospital and told stories over the final month that are the kind you say after a person dies. It was quite special for all of us - our family - our parents - and our cousins as my dad and now my mom is all that is left of that generation.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
D
Team Captain

Toppy Vann wrote:
PIgskin's father looks to be quite a character and full of life. To me that always has to be the measure of a person's life - how well it was lived and I don't mean about the riches. It looked from those photos that PS's dad enjoyed his life and his family. It doesn't get better than that.
That was my father
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

D wrote:
Toppy Vann wrote:
That was my father

My apologies, I got confused. I must be going senile.

Well your father seems to have enjoyed his life and his family. Pictures speak a 1000 words.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

My condolences D. I lost my father a about 18 months ago and it has come back very fresh to me as I just finished up selling his home. Never an easy time. So many feelings and memories. My thoughts are with you.

T
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Rammer
Team Captain

I as well pass along condolences Derek, your sporting and musical times together will always be a special memories.

My father passed away during Grey Cup week and I can tell you that there is nothing more that he would have enjoyed than watching the Lions take that game. Wish he had been able to see the Canucks win that Stanley Cup as well...darn Bruins. Sports is what we both had a passion for, keeping up to date after each Lion game, complaining about the reffing, talking out the the good and bad plays and the mistakes in decisions made. I sure miss that, but LB'ers makes that portion a little easier to accept, it also gave me a ton more insight on the pre or post game discussions with my Dad. Love you Dad, RIP.

Wow, that is still hitting hard.
Entertainment value = an all time low
AC/DC Rocks
Champion

Nice job on the slide show, enjoyed it.
My condolences D.
Bighill is Badass
D
Team Captain

Thanks folks
here is another video from the wake
[video][/video]