N. Korean Dictator Kim Jong-Il Dies at 69

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

BCfanInDIXIE
Starter

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/12 ... g-il-dies/
"This brings extraordinary change and uncertainty to a country that has seen little change in decades. South Korea's concern is warranted, frankly, because an insecure North Korea could well be an even more dangerous North Korea," a U.S. official told Fox News.
Founder of the Bama BC Fan Club :towel:
BCfanInDIXIE
Starter

I sure hope his idiot son doesn't try to solidify his power by attacking the South. that could ignite a major war that would affect both the U.S. and Canada.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

He was a strange guy. Those assemblies with mega thousands sitting all clapping together look so weird. Kind of like Stalin, when no one dared stop clapping, until the dictator finally made the motion that OK now you can stop.

His son might be a bit more in touch with reality. Who knows? He attended a Westernized private school, in Europe, I think. Speaks English and German. We will see.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

This is not necessarily a bad thing but who knows what his son might do or even if the military leaders might get other ideas and take over.

This is a nation that knows how to make weapons but can't feed its people. If there were ever a need for an Arab Spring it is here.

I doubt there'd be a huge war. No nation is about to do a ground war there again. China certainly doesn't want or need a war on their door step and neither does Russia - both natural allies of the North.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Buonosjanet69
Starter

BCfanInDIXIE
Starter

the big concern is the young Kim Jong-Un will try to flex some muscle to bring everyone on board with his leadership, which could lead to something very stupid. if he gets too brash he could start a conflict that will draw American and Canadian forces in to the fray.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

The thing is that if N. Korea gets stupid, China may have something to say about it. Their economic interests will become more and more key as time goes by. Imagine the fallout to their exports to N. America if they supported North Korean aggression against the South. They would have very little to gain and much to lose. I don't think they would stand for it and since they have been N. Korea's biggest ally and support over the years, you can be pretty sure that they will squash anything that threatens their interests pretty quick.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

BCfanInDIXIE wrote:the big concern is the young Kim Jong-Un will try to flex some muscle to bring everyone on board with his leadership, which could lead to something very stupid. if he gets too brash he could start a conflict that will draw American and Canadian forces in to the fray.
Rumour has it he was instrumental in the attack of the South Korean navy ship
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Buonosjanet69 wrote:Image

That is a weird picture. I looked to see if his face had been super imposed. LOL

He looks like he is in the hospital, with medical equipment behind him. Either that, or having a couple of beers, before continuing a sex romp with hookers.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

They serve beer in hospitals ? :wink:
BCfanInDIXIE
Starter

TheLionKing wrote:They serve beer in hospitals ? :wink:
I guess they do in North Korea. Must replace their lack of pain killers and antibiotics.