A bon Jack (1950-2011)

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

kacbru
prospect

Sad to see Jack go. Condolences to the Layton family.
dpoe
Starter

I was definitely not a fan of his politics, but I doubt that there has ever been a person of greater integrity in national politics.

He will be missed...
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Not a big fan of the NDP and it's policies. However, I respect what he did for his party. He will be missed on the federal scene. Condolences to his family and friends.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Very sad day for all Canadians.

Whether you like his politics or not he stood for what he believed was right for Canada and that is good. While I didn't always agree with the stands he took the NDp historically have been good for Canada and Canadians seemed to respect him - something so sadly lacking today in our politics.

Being out of Canada so much now I was shocked recently when I saw his recent photo and how much he had gone down hill.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
notahomer
Hall of Famer

A real 'game changer' for the NDP. Jack Layton was able to lead his party to heights I never thought it would get to.

All the best to his family, colleagues and friends....
mws
Starter

I had met Jack on many occasions. He was the same guy in person as the guy on The Hill, an infectious optimist that gave one hope.
I'm a big fan of his politics and have the health card to prove it. Like T.C. Douglas, he will be missed.

Best wishes to his many friends & family.