Its kinda funny really

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Not only has the olympics cost us so much money, but even the USA is spending a bundle for security and such on their side of the border. Wonder how washington taxpayers feel about that??
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
bclions16
Champion

I haven't heard a peep on the topic here in WA. The US is perrenialliy bid planning for games so I doubt this would be an issue.

But not many feel good these days about the way this state spends money. I ran out of patience for Gordon Campbell when I lived in BC despite voting for him, but that guy looks good compared to Gov Gregiore.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

it was on our all olympic most of the time news. They had a segment where some guy was showing their command centre for various agencys and talking about no one going on vacation and lots of overtime, and beside looking out for usa interest, they would also be available to come up to canada should we need and ask them. All for an olympics in another country. Wanting it in your country is one thing but....I dont know.
bclions16
Champion

KnowItAll wrote:it was on our all olympic most of the time news. They had a segment where some guy was showing their command centre for various agencys and talking about no one going on vacation and lots of overtime, and beside looking out for usa interest, they would also be available to come up to canada should we need and ask them. All for an olympics in another country. Wanting it in your country is one thing but....I dont know.
That aside, I have to ask you one important question... DO YOU BELIEVE???
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

bclions16 wrote:
KnowItAll wrote:it was on our all olympic most of the time news. They had a segment where some guy was showing their command centre for various agencys and talking about no one going on vacation and lots of overtime, and beside looking out for usa interest, they would also be available to come up to canada should we need and ask them. All for an olympics in another country. Wanting it in your country is one thing but....I dont know.
That aside, I have to ask you one important question... DO YOU BELIEVE???
youbet. I beleive in lots of things.

then again, there are lots of things I dont beleive in as well.

so I guess the answer is, sometimes in somethings.