Josh Boden in trouble again

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

tv5000_99
prospect

Just read a story on the province home page. Surrey adult caught fondling woman.
http://www.theprovince.com/news/Suspect ... story.html
Could this possibly be Josh Boden?
Rammer
Team Captain

The ex-Lion Boden is turning 23 in December, and this may be why the report distinctly uses the perpetrators middle name as well. At least that is what I hope is the case. Plus I believe that he generally has resided in N Van.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Tighthead
Legend

http://www.winnipegsun.com/sports/footb ... 25741.html

This says same Boden.

I recall his ex-gf also turned up murdered last year. I'm not suggesting he did it, but he is never far from trouble, or people who are in trouble.
Rammer
Team Captain

Tighthead wrote:http://www.winnipegsun.com/sports/footb ... 25741.html

This says same Boden.

I recall his ex-gf also turned up murdered last year. I'm not suggesting he did it, but he is never far from trouble, or people who are in trouble.
Sad reading that, but the Lions have moved on since Boden screwed up the first time, and he must have slowed down as he ran away and was caught. Stupid waste of talent, not even a 10 cent head to go with that ability.
David
Team Captain

Unfortunately, for every alleged trangression or police incident, the Lions' name gets tied into it. The Vancouver Sun has picked up the story:

link here

VANCOUVER -- A former B.C. Lion has been charged with sexually assaulting a Vancouver woman near Commercial Drive and Broadway on Monday.

Vancouver Police say they arrested Joshua Joseph Boden as he allegedly groped a woman earlier this week at about 7:30 p.m., Const. Lindsey Houghton said Thursday.

The officers observed the incident and then attempted to detain Boden, who put up a struggle, Houghton said.

Boden is now charged with both sex assault and resisting arrest. He appeared in Vancouver Provincial Court Wednesday and was remanded in custody.

Vancouver Police also want to talk to a young woman who was sexually assaulted at a Burrard bus stop last week. Houghton said it is too soon to say whether the Burrard assault is linked to Boden or to a series of other recent sex assaults in the city.

A witness called police Sept. 3 after seeing a woman waiting for a bus in the 500-block of Burrard groped by a "muscular black man" who appeared to be about 25.

When police arrived the victim had gotten on the bus southbound and was not located, Houghton said.

"We would like nothing more than to charge someone for this crime," he said. But first, they have to find the victim, who was described as being in her early 20s, with blond hair.

The suspect description given by the witness matches the one released by Vancouver police last week linked to a series of assaults.

Boden, 22, was born in Vancouver and is a former B.C. Lions' wide receiver. He was released by the team after getting charged with domestic assault and robbery in April 2008. The charges were dropped on August 14, 2008.

Kbolan@vancouversun.com

read the Real Scoop at vancouversun.com/bolan

© Copyright (c) The Vancouver Sun

DH
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Tighthead
Legend

Did anyone ever call Boden a younger version of Merv?
ziggy
Legend

CBC is reporting online that Josh Boden has been charged with Sexual Assault.
------------------

A former B.C. Lions football player has been charged with sexual assault after an incident witnessed by police officers in Vancouver on Monday.

Police reported seeing a man fondling a woman and tried to arrest him. He ran away but was taken down after a violent struggle, police said.

Joshua Joseph Boden, 23, of Surrey, is charged with sexual assault, wilfully arresting or obstructing a peace officer and assaulting a police officer. Boden will remain in custody until his next court appearance Sept. 16, said Vancouver Const. Lindsey Houghton.

Boden was with the Lions as a wide receiver in the 2006-07 CFL season and played one game with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats last year.

Last year in Vancouver, Boden was charged with assault, theft and mischief but the charges were later dismissed.

"Everyone would agree it's an unfortunate situation," Jamie Cartmell, the B.C. Lions director of communications, said in an interview Thursday.

© The Canadian Press, 2009
This story is closed to commenting.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

It's not as if though an ex-Lion has ever gotten trouble with the law before. Remember the 1998 CFL Most Outstanding Rookie, Steve Muhammad.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
Robbie
Hall of Famer

祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
hwgill
Legend

Such a waste of talent, that kid could have been a star, PJ took him under his wing, and he still couldn't get his *poop* together. It's reall sad. :(
" ... a team not being prepared to play is the head coach’s responsibility.” - Jim Barker
Spud387
Champion

I was thinking I could just tack this on to an old thread, but I cannot seem to be able to search by topic names.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/20 ... x_assault/
THE CANADIAN PRESS

VANCOUVER -- A former B.C. Lions player has been charged with sexual assault after an incident witnessed by police officers in Vancouver on Labour Day.

Police say when officers saw a man fondling a woman and tried to arrest him, he ran away, but was taken down after a violent struggle.

Twenty-two-year-old Joshua Joseph Boden of Surrey is charged with sexual assault and obstructing and assaulting a police officer.

Police will not say if Boden is also a suspect in another sex assault in Vancouver last week in which a woman was attacked by a black man with a description similar to Boden's.

That man was said to be about 26 years old, five feet, 11 inches tall with a muscular build and wearing baggy cargo jean shorts, a black shirt and a black bandana.

Boden has been remanded in custody until Sept. 16.

He was with the Lions as a wide receiver in the 2006-07 CFL season and played one game with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats last year.
It is a shame to see that even still this guy is in oodles of trouble when he had so much going for him.
Rammer
Team Captain

Had is the operative word. Think about it, he was extended an opportunity by Buono that in my terms went above the call for duty, had PJ mentoring him, and then he got involved with the bizarre incident with his g/f. Those charges were dropped and yet that wasn't enough to wake him up. Losing his CFL job with the Lions, then Tiger-cats, almost heading to court on severe charges, now finally this. Who knows what has happened in between.
Spud387
Champion

Rammer wrote:Had is the operative word. Think about it, he was extended an opportunity by Buono that in my terms went above the call for duty, had PJ mentoring him, and then he got involved with the bizarre incident with his g/f. Those charges were dropped and yet that wasn't enough to wake him up. Losing his CFL job with the Lions, then Tiger-cats, almost heading to court on severe charges, now finally this. Who knows what has happened in between.
Yep. I said "had" because at this point, there is a zero chance of him ever being given an opportunity by any team b/c of his continuance to get into trouble and showing extremely poor judgment. It boggles my mind that someone who is the same age as me could not see the bigger picture...
Rammer
Team Captain

Lowell gives some of the same views....
Lowell Ulrich wrote: Tale of a trio

By L. Ullrich 09-10-2009 COMMENTS(0) The Fifth Quarter

You read that once again Josh Boden is in trouble Thursday and you are only left to shake your head in sadness.
There will be an immediate rush to somehow connect a player who spent a bit of time with the Lions to the team, as if to somehow paint the club as a bastion of bad guys. We've had that debate on the sidelines at practice over the years and will leave it to others to carry the fight.
No, another Boden story recalls the tale told by Wally Buono, and how it was his hope he could one day impact a game like the one Sunday against the Montreal Alouettes by snaring three of the top B.C. football prospects he had even seen since his arrival from Alberta.
One of Buono's rituals upon settling in south Surrey in 2003 was to check out the the community teams in the area. It was during a stretch when getting to know the midget White Rock Titans when he saw the trio he thought would all one day excel in the CFL.
Boden, of course, was one, an exceptional talent all the way through junior ranks with the South Fraser Rams before he got his brief chance with the Lions as a territorial exemption.
Sean Whyte was the next, and Sunday he will get his latest chance to establish his career as a kicker with the Lions.
The third player was Doug Goldsby, a former Titans quarterback who later went to UBC. He had one reporter thinking about a nice little storyline that might have worked this weekend when he signed a free agent contract to play special teams earlier this year with the Alouettes, only to get injured a couple of weeks back. Then Boden went out and ruined everything, in more ways than one.
Lionut
Hall of Famer

Josh Boden was trouble with a capital "T" long before the Lions ever saw him. In hindsight, it was foolish to think that they could ever bring him around. He is clearly a sociopath, and an increasingly violent one at that. Sad story...
"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever."