Lions Sunglasses

Got em, Need em, Find em, Get em!

Moderator: Team Captains

Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

So today I was wandering through a Lordco auto parts store and passed one of those turnable sunglasses racks. They actually had BC Lions sunglasses which looked pretty OK. Black wraparounds with burnt orange faded onto the lower part of the front frame and a Lions logo on the temple. $25. Anyone else seen or bought these?
orangegloves
Starter

If they are the same ones I think they are, (they have a very small Lions logo on both sides of the band) then yes I bought a pair a couple of years ago at 7/11, for 19.99. I think their made by Sundog and they came out with versions for other CFL teams as well. Not a bad marketing technique. Plus their not bad sunglasses.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

I got a call from a Sundogg rep who says the BC Lions latest version will be available at Mohawk gas stations Sept.10/09. BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
David
Team Captain

Ballistic Bob wrote:I got a call from a Sundogg rep who says the BC Lions latest version will be available at Mohawk gas stations Sept.10/09. BB
Great. You can grab a pair just in time for the rainy season. :roll: Seriously, does anyone associated with this league actually think through the marketing that they do? Only in Canada.... :canada:

DH
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Found the CFL glasses (19.99) today at the Mohawk on the North shore. They had all the teams but the Lions. Figures. BB
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Ballistic Bob wrote:Found the CFL glasses (19.99) today at the Mohawk on the North shore. They had all the teams but the Lions. Figures. BB
Sold out from higher demand over the others, presumably?
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

sj-roc wrote:
Ballistic Bob wrote:Found the CFL glasses (19.99) today at the Mohawk on the North shore. They had all the teams but the Lions. Figures. BB
Sold out from higher demand over the others, presumably?
You would think so Scott but this was their release day. Bob
vncmorgan
prospect

I have not seen such type of sunglasses since then, is this relatively with the design in this site http://www.topfashionshades.com/sunglasses-top-brands/
TheFanWithTheFlag
Starter

I bought a pair from Petro Canada in the north shore about 3 months ago. Black with orange cushions on the side of the head and bc lions logo on the side pretty nice actually and were only $19.99