Lionbackers.com Hall of Fan - Blitz

This Forum contains Member Profiles. These members have achieved Hall of Fame Status (3000 posts) and as such have demonstrated their commitment to the BC Lions and Lionbackers.com. Hall of Fame Members will of course receive respect and admiration from your peers and have the opportunity to place your profile here.
D
Team Captain

Lionbackers.com Hall of Fan - Blitz
Position: Safety/Slotback
Favourite CFL team: British Columbia Lions
Why are they your favourite team: I've pulled for the Leos since I was ten years old and know a number of past Leos coaches and players personally. I've also had other involvements with the team over the years.
If you were abducted by Super Models and forced to cheer for another team who would it be: Supermodels could definitely have an impact upon one's thought processes! In a serious abduction I'd cheer for the Blue and Gold of Winnipeg...you just have to feel sorry for a team that has to deal with a limited budget and mosquitos the size of crows!!
Other Favourite Sports teams: Ottawa Roughriders...the days of Ron Stewart, Russ Jackson, amd Whit Tucker are a permanent part of my football memory!
Favourite CFL stadium: Empire Stadium...the field was so sloped that a quarterback could only see the upper half of his wide reciever as he lined up wide, the turf was so bad it could melt your shoes on a hot summer day, and the sight lines were lousy but the place had atmosphere. Best stadium today is Montreal's 'house'!!
Favourite BC Lion: David Menard, Bo Lokombo, Ronnie Yell
Favourite former BC Lion: Willie Fleming/ Ronnie Morris, John Henry White, Carl Kidd, Korey Banks
Favourite Food: Ribs/Oysters/Three Peppercorn Steak/Thai Chicken Curry/TexMex
Favourite Bar: Crown and Anchor
Favourite Beer: Okanagan Springs Pale Ale
Favourite Alcoholic Beverage: Tequilla
Favourite Non Alcoholic Bevy: Coffee
Favourite Tunes: Rolling Stones/R.I.M./Crème, Aerosmith/Neil Young/Guns and Roses
Favourite Movie: The Deer Hunter/Easy Rider/The Good,The Bad and The Ugly/Shawshank Redemption/Malina
Hobbies: Waterskiing/Basketball/Woodwork/Motorcycles/Windsurfing/Stock Market/Writing/Kayaking/Rock Music
Favourite BC Lion Memory: McMannus hitting Flutie with no time left on the clock to get the Leos into the Grey Cup
Best Grey Cup Host City: Regina...Saskatchewan fans are incredible but we hosted the best Grey Cup ever in 2005
My dream vacation is: Returning to the Cook Islands and Tahiti...the water is so clear and the snorkling is mind blowing!!
Favourite CFL uniform: The Leos '64 Jerseys were the best uniform ever!! I really like the Leos third uniform presently.
Strangest things seen at game: In the Paul Brothers era the Leos got the downs wrong in trying to run out the clock. Thinking it was second down instead of third the Leos turned the ball over on downs..allowing Winnipeg's place kicker to kick a last second field goal to win the game!!
Words you live by: The road to a friends house is never long!!
I own The Grey Cup! .com