Toomer Rumour

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

David
Team Captain

You may not have caught this as it was right at the end of the presser (14:00 mark). Ed gives an update on Korey Toomer (but no word on Sergio Castillo who was released at the same time).

https://www.bclions.com/2020/02/13/herv ... additions/

Hervey has been in touch with him. He has options that he's looking at (likely XFL). Promised that they would stay in touch. If he wants to come back to the CFL and compete for a job, that's something that Hervey said he would entertain as he spoke very highly of him as a football player.

Toomer impressed me last year in limited action. He was a hard hitter on special teams but the club elected to play him at rush end instead of his natural linebacker position (where he played in the NFL). No doubt if he comes to camp, it will be as a linebacker (likely MLB).

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
maxlion
Legend

As a CFL consumer, I totally approve of this Toomer rumour, as well as your good humour. But now I see my lady's bloomers in the room where, I must deplume her. Like Apzu, to Sumer I doom her. May she never have a tumor.
The_Pauser
Legend

Toomer was on our D-line last year and played very well. I don't know if he would bump back to MLB, but if he did then I could see Haynes moving to the WILL and all of a sudden our LB's look quite strong.
Roar you Lions roar!
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

The_Pauser wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:20 am
Toomer was on our D-line last year and played very well. I don't know if he would bump back to MLB, but if he did then I could see Haynes moving to the WILL and all of a sudden our LB's look quite strong.
Both Toomer and Haynes with a training camp under their belt and a greater understanding of the CFL game would indeed be a huge upgrade at LB for the 2020 Lions. :cr:
David
Team Captain

maxlion wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:06 pm
But now I see my lady's bloomers in the room where, I must deplume her.
:rotf:

I hope she's now over the moon (lunar?). :wink:

Roar, You Lions, Roar
maxlion
Legend

David wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:17 pm
maxlion wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:06 pm
But now I see my lady's bloomers in the room where, I must deplume her.
:rotf:

I hope she's now over the moon (lunar?). :wink:

Like Jim Lovell Jr, or an old fashioned crooner. :roar:
Gridiron Ernie
Champion

Hmm... I've wondered time to time what ever became of my 1960s edition of good ol' Clement Wood's masterful The Complete Rhyming Dictionary... now I think I know... it has apparently somehow fallen into the romantic paws of one Mr. Maxlion! Geez, you guys are out-bobdylaning Dylan! lol
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Update: Toomer made it onto the Seattle roster for the first time Saturday in a Week 4 loss to St. Louis. He was listed as a backup outside linebacker but I didn't see him on the field at all and he didn't have any stats on defence or special teams.