Who Will Be the BC Lions Offensive Coordinator in 2020?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Who Will Be Lions OC in 2020?

Jarious Jackson
No votes
Joe Paopao
5%
Ryan Dinwiddie
40%
Stephen McAdoo
10%
Other
45%

Total votes: 20
JohnnyMusso
Champion

I vote for Ryan Dinwiddie for I don't think he will get the Ottawa HC job.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

McAdoo takes a Lions 3rd-string QB and turns him to an All-CFL Team selection in 2019 and the Riders win the West with the 4th ranked offence in the league.

Sure they had some red zone misfires in the WF but you get 2nd guess anywhere as an OC. I would gladly take McAdoo if he is available.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

SammyGreene wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:49 pm
McAdoo takes a Lions 3rd-string QB and turns him to an All-CFL Team selection in 2019 and the Riders win the West with the 4th ranked offence in the league.

Sure they had some red zone misfires in the WF but you get 2nd guess anywhere as an OC. I would gladly take McAdoo if he is available.
I hope not. I hate it when Rider fans laugh at us. They've wanted McAdoo sent hitchhiking down the Trans-Canada highway almost ever since Jones brought him there from Edmonton. In their opinion it was QBC Steve Walsh who deserves the credit for Fajardo's breakout year, not McAdoo. Walsh was a standout QB at U of Miami before bouncing around the NFL for 11 years before getting into coaching. McAdoo was an offensive lineman by trade.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Jarious Jackson was a disciple of McAdoo. I don’t see much difference between them.
Gridiron Ernie
Champion

I don't pretend to know, but given that last year TO offered Dinwiddie the OC position and he turned them down, I wonder if he's really quite comfortable where he is with the Stamps as QB coach., and not particularly ambitious for climbing the ladder elsewhere.

Outside of Dinwiddie, I have to say the other named options given above are far from inspiring. Paopao has had next to zero success as a coach, and as suggested by several posters here over recent years, there's not much difference between what Jarious J and McAdoo bring to the table.

So I put my hopes with "other", not knowing who those others may be -- but desperately hope they are more inspiring prospects than those named (with the possible exception of Dinwiddie).

(btw, someone in this thread mentioned Steve Burrata; I'm not sure about his health, but that aside, Steve's just three or four years this side of 80. Loved the guy. Hope he's doing well.)
JohnnyMusso
Champion

According to Farhan, Ryan Dinwiddie will accept the Lions OC job if he does not get the Ottawa HC job.

Jacques C was let go by Toronto, so is he now an candidate for OC if Dinwiddle gets the Ottawa gig.
Last edited by JohnnyMusso on Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VictoriaFan
Starter

Don't think I could watch Jacques flapping his arms around like an electrified chicken on the sidelines again
The_Pauser
Legend

Interesting name: Danny Langsdorf is apparently in the mix according to 3DownNation.
Roar you Lions roar!
Gridiron Ernie
Champion

I can't quite recall Danny Langsdorf, but back around 2000 was EE's OC & QB coach, and thus has a connection with Campbell. Farhan speculates he also might be under consideration. https://3downnation.com/2019/12/06/dann ... nator-mix/
pennw
Legend

Why is Joe Paopao on that list ?
Hambone
Hall of Famer

The_Pauser wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:08 pm
Interesting name: Danny Langsdorf is apparently in the mix according to 3DownNation.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Langsdorf

Decent resume.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Hambone wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:09 am
The_Pauser wrote:

Decent resume.
Langsdorf would be much needed new blood to the CFL coaching ranks but with some CFL coaching experience and for me, without surprise that his CFL experience was with the Esks.
Hambone
Hall of Famer

DanoT wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:53 am
Hambone wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:09 am
The_Pauser wrote:

Decent resume.
Langsdorf would be much needed new blood to the CFL coaching ranks but with some CFL coaching experience and for me, without surprise that his CFL experience was with the Esks.
Matthews was the EE HC when he was there. Not exactly "The Don's" best era as the Esks finished 3rd at 6-12, 2nd at 10-8 and 1st at 9-9 from 1999 thru 2001.
pennw
Legend

DanoT wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:53 am
without surprise that his CFL experience was with the Esks.
I guess that should eliminate him from contention then ...
JohnnyMusso
Champion

pennw wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:47 am
Why is Joe Paopao on that list ?
Because he is available and was Ottawa's OC for Campbell. I know he is a long short, but had to throw in one. I should have put Jeff Garcia on that list though as a long shot.