New Era tweaking uniforms?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

squishy35
Legend

http://www.riderfans.com/forum/forum/ma ... ersey-leak

(Sorry, I am unable to upload the pics. If some out there is more savy than me, please do so)

Noticed this on www.riderfans.com yesterday.

If this is a tweak for this season, I Like It!
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I like them. I have several older orange jerseys and one white one that I've used for player autographs. With the roster turnover this year, it may be time to start fresh.
squishy35
Legend

They certainly have the helmet right. I like the outline on the numbers on the away jerseys too.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Like the helmets. The road jersey looks like the same as what we have now.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Much prefer the special edition helmets we have now, particularly the home black.

I'm agnostic on the jerseys.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

I think jiminy who posted that "leak" is the same guy who is often posting mockups of jerseys and helmets and suggesting they are something coming down the pipe. Seems he fancies himself as a graphic designer. Generally what he produces is fairly decent but I think they are nothing more than his own handiwork being promoted as though the teams will be making changes.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
almo89
Legend

Love the orange cage! Wish they stuck with it when they had those classic jerseys back around 2010.
CardiacKid
Legend

I’m a bit leery of this being an “official” version.

I haven’t heard anywhere else that the upcoming new designs have been leaked. It also seems a tad early for the design to be finalized. Those mock ups also look not entirely professional.

One other thing...would New Era have much say, if any, in the design of the helmet seeing as they don’t manufacture them?
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

CardiacKid wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:53 pm
I’m a bit leery of this being an “official” version.

I haven’t heard anywhere else that the upcoming new designs have been leaked. It also seems a tad early for the design to be finalized. Those mock ups also look not entirely professional.

One other thing...would New Era have much say, if any, in the design of the helmet seeing as they don’t manufacture them?
I could be wrong but I think there are multiple helmet manufacturers with Riddell being the biggest. Never heard anything about a helmet manufacturer being the official helmet manufacturer of the CFL. If anything whoever supplies the uniforms would provide Riddell with the graphics, colours and scheme to be applied to the helmets. Jerseys and helmets are like a matching set and designed as such.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
BC 1988
Legend

I'd reserve judgement about the graphics at this point, since (as Hambone says) it's probably the RF thread starter's interpretation of the "leak".

OTOH, I'm sure there will be "tweaking", no way New Era will do a complete copy of the current adidas look. (Explains why the Lions are blowing out the old stock).

One thing about the helmet--the black color and striping is '70s, but the logo is post-1988, used on white (and silver for a short time) helmets. IMO, this logo used on a black background would suffer from poor legibility of the black "BC" lettering (especially at a distance). Whenever a black helmet was used in the past, there was never any black in the logo.
David
Team Captain

If true, I could live with these two uniforms. Going back to our traditional logo on black helmets, and wearing the same helmet home and away is a good first step.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Typhoon_SSN
prospect

Well these don't look half bad! The helmets have a cool, aggressive design and the bright jerseys will make one hell of an effect on the field.

And regarding the "leak", it's just a cheap way to find out whether the fans will like the gear (and thus buy it).