Lions Free Agent Signings - Mike Reilly Signs with Lions $2.9M 4 Years

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Spud387 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:44 am
It is still an uphill climb (possibly scaling a cliff), but the Riley signing is the best they could have possibly done for fan attention outside of a well known NFL name. Riley is one of the best in the league, well known, and is "ours" in that he started his career here.
mike riley is coach of the san Antonio aaf team
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Spud387
Champion

KnowItAll wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:40 pm
Spud387 wrote:
It is still an uphill climb (possibly scaling a cliff), but the Riley signing is the best they could have possibly done for fan attention outside of a well known NFL name. Riley is one of the best in the league, well known, and is "ours" in that he started his career here.
That's what I get for typing from my phone :p
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Spud387 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:45 pm
KnowItAll wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:40 pm
Spud387 wrote:
That's what I get for typing from my phone :p
:wag: :wink:
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

I don't suppose the lions could afford to add Bryant MItchell if he was available?
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

KnowItAll wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 10:15 pm
I don't suppose the lions could afford to add Bryant MItchell if he was available?
I don’t know but the Esks probably have a greater need and can better afford him. They have Greg Ellingson, DaVaris Daniels and a bunch of guys who were on the Lions roster last year.
Blitz
Team Captain

If we could get Mitchell signed, it would be huge. He was signed by Hervey in Edmonton and played with Reilly, so B.C. would be an attractive option for Mitchell.

But do we have the money or could we find the money in some way?
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
JohnnyMusso
Champion

No. Reilly's contract takes up 17% of the cap. It is unlikely Lions have enough money to sign anymore free agents. Rest of roster signings I expect to be rookies. I also expect more vets to be cut in training camp and after. Time will tell if Lions gamble of spending 17% of their cap on a QB will pay off. Better hope he stays healthy.