2019 All Things Lions Marketing & Promotions

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Honour Dewalt
Champion

They haven't been the best at communicating the overall uniform other than the New Era promo video. Since that photo shoot video is just for the headshot pics, I'm hoping they just didn't have the black pants on them at the time, since they are going on the road first. Remember they wore orange socks last preseason and everyone thought they were switching to that, but they didn't. So it might not be what they wear come regular season. (And especially since the teaser pics showed black pants.) But it's weird how had they've been to show officially the whole uniform if that's the case.
I hadn't noticed that the ones in the store don't match these though. The colours over the name bar are wrong. That's awful if that's how it will be.
David
Team Captain

I don't believe there is a mix-up in the video, HD. Unfortunately, I believe what you see in the video shoot is what they will look like on the field. Per the Daily Hive:
The Daily Hive wrote: BC will exclusively wear orange pants with black and white trim. They wore black pants with their orange home jerseys last season.
:sigh:

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/bc-lion ... anges-2019

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
CardiacKid
Legend

Zarquon wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 7:07 pm
Just saw the video the Lions posted of the players Headshot Day as well as receiving my "Replica" Jersey today. VERY disappointed that the "Replica" jerseys do not match the actual jersey and have a VERY different look. The back and name bar completely different colouring and look, also no numbers on the sleeves of the replicas. First time as a Lions fan and being a long time season ticket holder that I am mad at the organization.

A replica jersey should match what the players are wearing somewhat closely, but when it isn't even close that is false advertising in my mind. Combine that with them dropping the price since those of us preordered this back in February and honestly, I am left with a feeling of being ripped off.
Hey Zarquon, I recalled seeing a post from the “Locker Room Sale - 2017” thread that may help you out....

“Call the Lions at their facility in Surrey . Tell them you want an authentic jersey. They will put whatever name and number you want on it. It costs a bit more but it's worth it to have the same jersey the players wear.‘

Maybe they will put things right based on the above precedence?
Honour Dewalt
Champion

Aw man. If thats really true I just went from totally happy with them, to about as annoyed as I was with the tramp stamp. Why go all orange? The black pants would look so good with those.
The thing that gives me hope is this video.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

I wish they would go back to my favorite uniform and helmet from the 90s.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Gridiron Ernie
Champion

CardiacKid wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 7:08 pm
Gridiron Ernie wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 6:24 pm
For me the full orange uni is bringing back unwelcome flashbacks of the NFL's Thursday Night "Color Rush" visual nonsense with those monochromatic unis looking like dayglo long-johns. I couldn't abide it. At least the Leo's socks are black, thank goodness!
Dayglo long-johns :wink: :wink: :wink:

Maybe Stanfield’s should have gotten the job instead of New Era...
Now there's a sweet thought -- Stanfields. Canadian to boot! Might just as well have the pants of the new uni be part of their "X Pouch Collection" perhaps. Built for comfort but not for style.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

CardiacKid wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 5:04 pm
B.C.FAN wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 3:07 pm
dtrain wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 3:01 pm
where did you see this?
The Lions have posted a video of players in the full uniform, including orange pants.

https://www.bclions.com/2019/05/23/behi ... -shot-day/

The orange pants ruin the impact of the new uniforms and make the players look wimpy. Black pants would have been purrfect.
Wearing pants that are the same colour as your shirt or top (not counting black) is a major fashion faux-pas...in any walk of life. Project Runway would be going thumbs down.

Yes, black pants were a must. Sorry Lions but that was a big miss.
Maybe the pants and jersey are different shades of orange. :rotf:
dtrain
Starter

Just read an Instagram post from Lions Creative Guy, stated that there are 2 sets of pants, orange and black, and they will wear both versions with both home and away over the season. Not a fan of the mix and match approach, but hopefully they eventually decide on one set. And hopefully contacting socks to go with black pants.
dtrain
Starter

'contrasting' socks.
David
Team Captain

Thanks for the info drain. Just an FYI, the orange pants aren't getting a lot of love on Social Media, from what I can see.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

The orange pants might be better replaced by black pants but I like the tops.

Maybe the orange pants with the black socks might work BUT I only had a quick glimpse of 1 player with full uni look.

I just never like the creamsicle orange colour they were going to before.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

dtrain wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 11:25 am
Just read an Instagram post from Lions Creative Guy, stated that there are 2 sets of pants, orange and black, and they will wear both versions with both home and away over the season. Not a fan of the mix and match approach, but hopefully they eventually decide on one set. And hopefully contacting socks to go with black pants.
Then this matches the look in the middle of this 3 Down Nation article where I did see the black pants.

Talk about a screw up in communications. I guess it's understandable as its TC on now.

https://3downnation.com/2019/05/23/new- ... -uniforms/
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

My season tickets arrived in the mail today. The ticket cards feature a drawing of a random player in the new uniform with orange jersey and matching pants. The only freebie I noticed is a pair of tickets to the June 7 preseason game.
Gridiron Ernie
Champion

Hmm... I've given it (orange on orange) a day or two and it actually seems to be growing on me a bit already. When I see it now (I took a freeze-frame screen shot from the Lions Head Shot video) I'm really quite OK with it. Obviously I won't give a tinker's damn what the boys are wearing so long as they're marching downfield on powerful drives and/or airing it out spectacularly. In that case, perhaps the more burnt/burning orange the better!
BC 1988
Legend

dtrain wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 11:25 am
That isn't without precedent--HAM has rotated gold, white and black pants in their home and away unis--and apparently they have sought input from fans on their preferences. SSK has done the same with green or white pants--several RF'ers deride the all-green as the "dill pickle" (I agree--you can't argue with the traditional look, and the all-white roads complete with white helmet "stormtrooper" was the ultimate in lame).