2019 All Things Lions Marketing & Promotions

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Honour Dewalt
Champion

Any idea when they will be revealing it?
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Honour Dewalt wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:53 am
Any idea when they will be revealing it?
I asked about new jerseys at the Lions' town hall meeting a month ago. I was told they'll be available for purchase in April or May.
David
Team Captain

Makes sense. They want the hype/to build excitement going into camp.

I wonder if interest in a #13 Reilly (tweaked) New Era jersey at the launch will offset what the club lost in the excitement of the Reilly signing among those who held off because they knew Adidas was going away.

I am sure there are a lot of people who took a hard pass at an old look, even at discounted prices.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
David
Team Captain

So we just signed a 6'4" receiver, Joey Augustin, from Div II school University of Charleston. That's not the newsworthy part (hope he works out - who knows though?).

The intriguing part for me was this Tweet they sent out congratulating their guy.

Why?

Look at the logo they used. The "BC" part is white and not black....wouldn't this mark show up much better on black helmets? Could this be part of the uniform redesign?

So the question then becomes, is it something they were provided by the Lions (mistake or intentional) or they "doctored" themselves for the tweet? Seems odd the UC account would choose to go with a white "BC" over a white background when the regular black "BC" would pop a lot more. Lots to ponder here...
New Logo2.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Roar, You Lions, Roar
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

They must have run out of black ink.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

David wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 9:38 pm
So we just signed a 6'4" receiver, Joey Augustin, from Div II school University of Charleston. That's not the newsworthy part (hope he works out - who knows though?).

The intriguing part for me was this Tweet they sent out congratulating their guy.

Why?

Look at the logo they used. The "BC" part is white and not black....wouldn't this mark show up much better on black helmets? Could this be part of the uniform redesign?

So the question then becomes, is it something they were provided by the Lions (mistake or intentional) or they "doctored" themselves for the tweet? Seems odd the UC account would choose to go with a white "BC" over a white background when the regular black "BC" would pop a lot more. Lots to ponder here...

New Logo2.jpg

I’ve heard the new helmets will be black with orange (and possibly white) stripes, much like those of the 1960s and ‘70s.
Honour Dewalt
Champion

I had the exact same thought when I saw this. it does seem odd because I've never seen this logo anywhere before, so where would they have got it? And I figured maybe with the black helmets they thought the black lettering wouldn't show 👆 as well, especially from a distance. But then in the teaser video they released you see the usual logo over black pants. They always use a white outline in those instances though, (which I don't like). The other thing I thought in that teaser video is that they showed the pants twice, and they were black both times. Could it mean no orange pants?
David
Team Captain

First, where did you view a teaser video, HD? I saw this teaser pic of the jerseys (that looks very similar to the current ones btw), but the logo wasn't featured.

Second, black pants on the road instead of orange pants? Hell yea!! :thup:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Honour Dewalt
Champion

On twitter the day the teaser image was revealed, they first posted a teaser video. I think they then deleted the post but since I already saw it, I still actually see it on my feed.
it doesn't really reveal anything more other than what I said. They show the logo on the black pants twice, and they show various front and back shots of both home and away jerseys, so you would think if there were orange pants, they'd show that here too.
David
Team Captain

Any idea when this long-awaited jersey launch is supposed to take place?

The league has kind of effed this thing up (as usual). Maybe the CBA negs got in the way(?), but Toronto and Montreal have revealed theirs. The rest of the clubs haven't. A bit of a cluster****.

IMO, they've teased this thing out too long, so it's going to be rather anticlimactic when they do. Hard to stay excited about something that's been promised for too long.

This league just can't seem to wrap its head around marketing opportunities. :popcorn:

Roar, You Lions, Roar
Honour Dewalt
Champion

I know. I don't know if it had to do with any kind of delays, but in my opinion they could have revealed them much earlier to bring some more interest to them in a down time. Doing it around the time training camp starts is a waste since they will be getting air time then anyway. I asked about it because they initially said May15 and the league said it will be a week later, implying there was a delay. I think maybe some teams just didn't take them out of their online shop once there was a delay. They still have the whole uniform to reveal though.
dtrain
Starter

Agree that they've really bungled this reveal, announce a date, then nothing, and no update... that said, further clues may lie in the new arrivals in store: a couple kids t-shirts show black helmet, regular logo on side, and a WHITE facemask. Could be nothing, they're wearing the same black cages as last year at camp, we'll see. Personally I've never liked the colour on colour helmet/cage look, was really hoping for the orange cage like they had in 70s.
Honour Dewalt
Champion

Agreed. Was hoping for the orange cage. They had it in the 80s too and looked great to me.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Rick LeLacheur was chatting with us in the stands in Kamloops Tuesday afternoon. I asked about the new uniforms and he said they'll be unveiled May 23. He said ticket sales should be up this year. He said season tickets spiked during free agency, and ticket packs have been doing well lately.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Some of the players in camp have the new stripes and decals on their helmets. The decals are the familiar black BC on the orange mountain lion. They don’t show up well on the new shiny, black helmets. The stripes are the classic 1960s-style orange flanked by two narrower white stripes.