New Uniforms next year. Adidas out as Uniform supplier.

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

squishy35
Legend

http://3downnation.com/2018/06/15/adida ... or-season/

As per Justin Dunk the League is now in search of a new Uniform provider for next year. This would mean another Uniform design change.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Wow! And the Lions still have Reebok jerseys they are trying to clear out. I guess Adidas is not seeing the revenue it hoped for.

Nike an obvious choice given their NFL deal but are they interested? Maybe Under Armour?
Wasn't it Puma right before Reebok?
squishy35
Legend

SammyGreene wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:54 am
Wow! And the Lions still have Reebok jerseys they are trying to clear out. I guess Adidas is not seeing the revenue it hoped for.

Nike an obvious choice given their NFL deal but are they interested? Maybe Under Armour?
Word on Riderfans.com is that perhaps 'New Era' sportswear is in the picture. Currently they supply to the US College teams:

https://www.huskiesnewera.com/uniforms
David
Team Captain

If we go with a new supplier, what would you guys like to see happen with our uniforms?

Status quo

Status quo with tweaks/minor changes

Retro

Redesign

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
BC 1988
Legend

I'd like to see the creamsicles modified, even if it's just changing the shade of orange, and making the home helmet the same for both home and away.
squishy35
Legend

I liked the alternate uniforms the Lions wore in 2011 at Empire field. Don't have a pic available but they were retro designed to the mid 70's.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

The Lions' popularity of late and on field performance since switching to Adidas makes it tough to determine but I sure was surprised at how few were running out to buy the new jerseys the past couple of years, especially when the home jerseys were generally well received. The away not so much.

Not sure what expectations Adidas had when they signed with the CFL. Nine teams in a country with a population not as big as California and international sales next to zero. Doesn't exactly add up to a hidden gold mine.

The new company should pay close attention to how well received the last 3rd gun metal jersey was under the old Reebok deal.
Huge Talent
Starter

Oh man.. Was gonna pull the trigger on a new jersey tomorrow. Glad I read this forum! I'll wait and get either an improved new one, or the current home jersey at 70% off. :)

My vote is for a new look. I think this brief era isn't horrible, but will be forgotten easily.
CardiacKid
Legend

Maybe Fabletics will step up to the plate? :tease: :wink:

Seriously, the league could be facing a pretty big challenge in getting another manufacturer onside. The league no longer operates a web store and prior to shutting it down went through several retail partners in fairly short order; Mustang, Jersey City, Rivercity Sports...

Hopefully it doesn’t come to a situation like European football where teams all the way down to the lowest divisions make their own deals with manufacturers.
Qman
Champion

SammyGreene wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:54 am

i think the league wants more $$$ for uni supplier

Just the riders do more apparel $$$ than all teams in canada except for maple leafs and canadiens.

Nike and UA are to leading suppliers in US NCAA. Adidas is being pushed down a tier 2 supplier like Russell.

Adidas has its self to blame the they put out pathetic apparel for 15 years. Only good stuff is being put out by other suppliers like newera (hats)

can't wait for Nike or Under Amour
QB Club 63
All Star

squishy35 wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:31 pm
I liked the alternate uniforms the Lions wore in 2011 at Empire field. Don't have a pic available but they were retro designed to the mid 70's.
Is this 2011 outfit you are referring to?
squishy35
Legend

QB Club 63 wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:04 pm
squishy35 wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:31 pm
Is this 2011 outfit you are referring to?

This one:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I like the burnt orange and black from the days of Willie Fleming and Joe Kapp. Best uniform ever.
David
Team Captain

QB Club 63, I think he's referring to this uniform, which was our 1976/77 replicas. We alternated two types of socks that year. Sometimes in orange socks, others in black socks.

(never did like those white lids with the black jerseys, btw).

Roar, You Lions, Roar
David
Team Captain

Here's another image with the black socks (btw, if you'll notice, the Leos have switched to orange socks at home this year from black socks).

Roar, You Lions, Roar