New Uniforms next year. Adidas out as Uniform supplier.

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

LionsLip
Rookie

David wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:21 pm
Blitz wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:58 am
I liked the '64 uniforms as my favorite...

These were before my time, but I know good taste when I see it. These are just classy and timeless. :thup:

DH :cool:
I quite like the 64' uniform also, but with a new twist. Home uniforms: orange jersey, white numbers and names, black arm band, white pants with black center stripe with orange stripes both sides of black center stripe, helmet: orange, black claw, black center stripe with white stripes both sides of black center stripe, black face mask. Away uniforms: Same helmets, white jersey, black numbers and name, orange arm band, orange pants with black center stripe with white stripes both sides of black center stripe. The away jerseys would basically be the inverse of the home jerseys with the same helmets. Too many teams in this league use black as their primary, rather use orange with some black hi lights. Wish I had some sort of photo shop to see what my mentioned would look like. :towel:
dtrain
Starter

Not exactly what was suggested, but a quick photoshop mockup of a variation on this classic uni, with more emphasis on orange.
CFL_Jersey_BCL1965c.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dtrain
Starter

One more mockup, my suggestion for if we're stuck with current uni templates for a few years.
CFL_BCL_Jersey.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
seamack3
prospect

Should've stuck with the classic design...
By Bailey's jersey in Hall of Fame.jpg
Retro_Jersey_Retro_-_9.jpg
Honour Dewalt
Champion

dtrain wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:22 pm
One more mockup, my suggestion for if we're stuck with current uni templates for a few years.CFL_BCL_Jersey.jpg
Almost work for me, but I think the roads would be better with black pants. Also when I saw the home unis with orange socks in preseason it was a bit too much. I think if both these unis you have here switched to black socks with one thick orange stripe at the top, it would work and still provide enough orange.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

cromartie wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:04 am
Personally, I think this is a great opportunity for NewEra. They're headquartered in Buffalo and other than hats and some t-shirts they really aren't prominent in the uniform game. They can, potentially, use the CFL as a testing lab for getting deeper into the college market that Under Armour is now having to scale back on.
No need for applause.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

CFL announces jersey deal with New Era

TSN.ca Staff
The CFL announced Wednesday apparel company New Era will be the league's new official outfitter starting next season. The deal includes jerseys and sideline gear, as fan gear and headwear, marking the first time New Era will provide jerseys to a professional sports league.

“This is the first time New Era Cap will charge onto the football field providing uniforms and sideline apparel in addition to our line of fan gear and headwear,” New Era's Dave Heimburg said in a CFL release. “We’re very happy to be taking this bold step to help the CFL put a unique stamp on their apparel and uniforms that excites their growing fanbase.”

“The CFL is thrilled to team up with New Era Cap for this ground-breaking partnership,” the CFL's Chief Revenue Officer Tyler Mazereeuw said in the release. ”They are a forward-thinking global leader in the worlds of sport, music and entertainment and their fashion-focused approach and dedication to best-in-class high performance materials will enhance our ability to connect with fans and elevate our league for years to come.”

Adidas has been the league's official outfitter since taking over for Reebok in 2015, but their deal expires at the end of this season.
TSN article
Spud387
Champion

cromartie wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:10 am
cromartie wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:04 am
Personally, I think this is a great opportunity for NewEra. They're headquartered in Buffalo and other than hats and some t-shirts they really aren't prominent in the uniform game. They can, potentially, use the CFL as a testing lab for getting deeper into the college market that Under Armour is now having to scale back on.
No need for applause.
lol well done :beer:
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

I've always thought the BC Lions uniforms and the various changes since I started watching them in the mid 50s as a young kid were the class of the CFL until this horrible orange colour was brought in (the one some are calling Dreamsicle colour (the one with the white).

I think it's clearly out of the bounds of typical Lions uniforms and the sooner it disappears the better.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... Jersey.png
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
BC 1988
Legend

Toppy Vann wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:43 am
I've always thought the BC Lions uniforms and the various changes since I started watching them in the mid 50s as a young kid were the class of the CFL until this horrible orange colour was brought in (the one some are calling Dreamsicle colour (the one with the white).

I think it's clearly out of the bounds of typical Lions uniforms and the sooner it disappears the better.

That would be creamsicle (originally made famous by the first Tampa Bay Buccaneers uni). Even the helmet looks similarly absurd--considering this is a contact sport they are playing, not rhythmic dancing.
I wish it was just a (bad) dream.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Toppy Vann wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:43 am

Couldn't agree more. Changes does not always equate to better.