2017 All Things Lions Marketing & Promotions

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

CardiacKid
Legend

Hopefully the Save-On perk is available outside of Greater Vancouver; up through the Fraser Valley would be great along with over here on the Island. I don't recall the schedule and if any weekend games are slated for afternoon kickoffs but there are usually an appreciable number of fans with their families heading over on the ferry for those early weekend games.

If a cheap(er) ticket price is available, they would be more inclined to head over for a game. I think for a lot of fans on the Island they just need a little "encouragement" to go.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

The way the internet works now ads pop up everywhere based on previous sites touched. I of course regularly wind up in BCLions.com, cfl.ca and Lionbackers. I don't know if it's that or not but I just went into Theprovince.com and lo and behold all over the home page are Lions' ads and banners. Down both sides are banners, one showing Jennings and the other SolE ready to come onto the field for introductions. At top is an ad for single game tickets starting at $65. To the right an ad for the 2 tickets, 2 dogs and 2 beers for the season opener at $65. It looks as much like a BC Lions home page as a Province home page.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Hambone wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:35 am
The way the internet works now ads pop up everywhere based on previous sites touched. I of course regularly wind up in BCLions.com, cfl.ca and Lionbackers. I don't know if it's that or not but I just went into Theprovince.com and lo and behold all over the home page are Lions' ads and banners. Down both sides are banners, one showing Jennings and the other SolE ready to come onto the field for introductions. At top is an ad for single game tickets starting at $65. To the right an ad for the 2 tickets, 2 dogs and 2 beers for the season opener at $65. It looks as much like a BC Lions home page as a Province home page.
Yup. I went to click on a story on The Province website this morning and got a Lions ad by mistake. No complaints. Lions' ads are all over social media too. :thup:
CardiacKid
Legend

B.C.FAN wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:43 am
Hambone wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:35 am
Yup. I went to click on a story on The Province website this morning and got a Lions ad by mistake. No complaints. Lions' ads are all over social media too. :thup:
A little blurb from Google that explains why you see the Google Ads that you do.....

https://support.google.com/ads/answer/1634057?hl=en

Depending on your view point, you may or may not be happy knowing that the very popular AdBlock extension stops those ads from appearing.