Lions vs. Riders Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Must win if the Lions want to host a playoff game.

As much as I want the Lions to win I'm less than optimistic. We'll probably see more of what we've seen seeing all year. Slow start, no running game, being dominated on the line of scrimmage.
leo4life
All Star

Have to agree LionKing,slim chance of winning in Regina 2x this season.I also expect the trend of sluggish 2 & outs,losing the LOS and in chase mode behind Sheets.If BC plays on the road in the west semi,in the cold with no run game and no OL its a wrap.But you never know in the CFL! Bouno will have to make major changes to a pop gun offense in the off season however.
zark
Champion

Im starting the day with positive waves. Every one does their job and we get a win. McCallum has a good game too.
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

lets show em who the real lions are!
2012 Season Ticket Holder
SammyGreene
Team Captain

The weather looks like it will be a major factor. Rain beginning this afternoon with winds gusting between 30-50 km/h tonight and the temperature hoovering around freezing. Thank god I skipped this OperationOrange trip lol!

HOPEFULLY McCallum's experience in these kind of conditions helps the Lions after last weeks god awful performance in Calgary. Thank god for our good running game. :bang:

http://weather.gc.ca/city/pages/sk-32_metric_e.html
The_Pauser
Legend

SammyGreene wrote:The weather looks like it will be a major factor. Rain beginning this afternoon with winds gusting between 30-50 km/h tonight and the temperature hoovering around freezing. Thank god I skipped this OperationOrange trip lol!

HOPEFULLY McCallum's experience in these kind of conditions helps the Lions after last weeks god awful performance in Calgary. Thank god for our good running game. :bang:

http://weather.gc.ca/city/pages/sk-32_metric_e.html
Yikes! I'm with ya on skipping the trip. I didn't like when it rained in Winnipeg and this sounds much worse.
Roar you Lions roar!
JohnHenry
Champion

The Lions will have some hurdles to overcome today, on top of the weather. Josh Bell was suffering from concussion symptoms this week and was held out of practice. The problem is they have nobody to take his place, unless the sign Chism to a contract today and start him at corner (with Parks moving over to halfback). Getting Logan on the field for punt/kick returns will cause Brown to sit out the game, with Harris helping out on returns. To get Logan in the offence, C. Taylor will have to come off the field, likely along with Harris. Haidara or P. Jackson will then take Taylor's place in the slot. Not sure Logan adds that much over Harris and Brown to upset the lineup to this extent, but I guess the Lion's are desperate for a spark.
Rammer
Team Captain

JohnHenry wrote:The Lions will have some hurdles to overcome today, on top of the weather. Josh Bell was suffering from concussion symptoms this week and was held out of practice. The problem is they have nobody to take his place, unless the sign Chism to a contract today and start him at corner (with Parks moving over to halfback). Getting Logan on the field for punt/kick returns will cause Brown to sit out the game, with Harris helping out on returns. To get Logan in the offence, C. Taylor will have to come off the field, likely along with Harris. Haidara or P. Jackson will then take Taylor's place in the slot. Not sure Logan adds that much over Harris and Brown to upset the lineup to this extent, but I guess the Lion's are desperate for a spark.
A spark on ST and in the running game is the potential that Logan brings. I am hoping for a "Logan's Run" headline tomorrow, otherwise it is going to be a long game.
Entertainment value = an all time low
swervynmerv
Legend

Hoping for the best today. Maybe Harris will be angry or embarrassed about missing the flight, usually that translates into a better performance.

No matter how today goes, I cant help but think of that last second loss in Montreal. That game will probably be the one that costs us a chance to host a home playoff game in the end. To make up for that game, the Leos now have to win 2 road game in Regina, not an easy task!
notahomer
Hall of Famer

IMO, the Lions are the least deserving of a home playoff game of the top three teams in the West.

Riders started strong and have faded. Stamps have been steady and consistent. Lions have had neither a strong start and/or been consistent. THe fact they can still win and if they do have a strong shot at a home playoff game is surprising based on how these three teams looked in August, for e.g. But that is why the CFL seems to get good after labour day.....
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

If I'm not mistaken Rintoul mentioned a couple weeks ago he was doing radio pbp for this one what with Baller on HNIC assignment. One of the remaining games at any rate.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

JohnHenry wrote:The problem is they have nobody to take his place, unless the sign Chism to a contract today and start him at corner (with Parks moving over to halfback).
I see Chism is listed on the 46. One thing the Lions have done in the past couple of years is try to work their reserve players at specific positions so they can make a one for one switch when needed instead of having to move others around to bring one player in. They might just instert Chism at DB.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
David
Team Captain

Yes, we're about to find out rather quickly whether Chism can play. He's going to play in Park's wideside corner spot and you can bet Durant will be testing him early.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

2 & out and a short McCallum punt to start.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Lions 2 and out and a poor punt by McCallum. So what else is new ?