New Jersey

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

butarctic
prospect

I ordered the 3rd jersey from the Lions store on Aug 19th which they charged on my credit card but still haven't recieved, I called and they said its still b/o , any one else waiting , I thinks it's b/s that they charge you right away.
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

I've ordered the jersey as well, but from Ric's Sports and Stuff......much better idea.

Ric explained that these jerseys weren't scheduled to be released/unveiled until October........he didn't know why it happened earlier.

Major miscalculation by the Lions' marketing department, as all available stock sold out that night.......now they've lost the momentum of the big unveiling as they wait for back orders to be filled.

Ric emailed on Monday and said he had my jersey and it was going out to be pro-stitched and put on the 60th anniversary patch......I was hoping to have it for Moncton last week (didn't happen).......and it doesn't look like it will get here for the game tonight.
Lloyd
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Sadly, this team continues to be a marketing train wreck.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

When I ordered mine, I received an email from the Lions stating I should have mine NO LATER than by Monday Sept. 30th. They have 3 days to make good on their promise.
butarctic
prospect

Would have liked to wear it at the Als/Riders game on sunday, season tickets just up from the visitors bench, probably see Simon set record but now that he,s a Rider and they will may a big deal out of it i probably wont clap to much, might also be the first time i actually cheer for Montreal.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I have mine on backorder from a week/so ago when I renewed my season tickets.......

Got to goto Surrey to pick it up. I don't expect mine anytime soon but it gets here when it gets here.
vanhalendlrband
Rookie

I'm still rocking my Reebok 2004 Black Jersey from the Western Final, this is looking like a mighty good replacement.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

notahomer wrote:I have mine on backorder from a week/so ago when I renewed my season tickets.......

Got to goto Surrey to pick it up. I don't expect mine anytime soon but it gets here when it gets here.
WRONG on my part. When I got home from work there was a message on the homephone. Come on out to Surrey we've got your customized BANKS jersey here. So, obviously I know what I'm wearing to the game NOW!!!! :cool:
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

I phoned Ric at Sports 'n Stuff yesterday and he was sold out of XL, but since i have recently lost 22 lbs., I ordered an L "Taylor 86". It takes about 10 days for Ric to get the #s and name sewn on and mailed to me for an additional $15 postage. It is worth it because Ric is the only store that gets the numbers sewn on rather than pressed on.
Honour Dewalt
Champion

Just messing around, but if the Lions just made these two adjustments to their Uniforms, I'd never ask for another change.

Didn't spend a lot of time on this, just had some to kill. How quick do you notice them?

two changes. Three if you count removing the lame font above the numbers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Honour Dewalt wrote:Just messing around, but if the Lions just made these two adjustments to their Uniforms, I'd never ask for another change.

Didn't spend a lot of time on this, just had some to kill. How quick do you notice them?

two changes. Three if you count removing the lame font above the numbers.
Apparently you're fond of the black-orange-black stripe. ;)
Last edited by Hambone on Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Honour Dewalt
Champion

It just looks better. And I've always thought the Lions white helmets need the traditional stripe. I also liked the old stripes on the sleeves fromt he 80's. Basically the early 80's uniform to me is a great look.
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

Honour Dewalt wrote:It just looks better. And I've always thought the Lions white helmets need the traditional stripe. I also liked the old stripes on the sleeves fromt he 80's. Basically the early 80's uniform to me is a great look.
x2
Lloyd
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I loved the stripes on the old black helmets in the '60s and '70s but they don't look right on the white helmets. The traditional stripes were a bit wider than those in this mockup. That might help. Uniform styles go out of fashion. Stripes and shoulder patches used to be common on jerseys. Today's jerseys have a cleaner look, aside from the wordmarks and sponsor crests above the numbers.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Honour Dewalt wrote:It just looks better. And I've always thought the Lions white helmets need the traditional stripe. I also liked the old stripes on the sleeves fromt he 80's. Basically the early 80's uniform to me is a great look.
Leave the helmets alone. I don't need another style that I have to buy for my game worn helmet collection. My wallet needs a break. :wink:
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.