Bombers vs. Lions Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Coast Mountain Lion wrote:So when was the last time the Lions scored 50 in a game?
I don't know but it's the first time this year anyone's scored 50. Previous best was 48 on Sep 1 by Ssk against... wait for it... Wpg.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Joey Elliott coming into the game.
vanhalendlrband
Rookie

I remember when it was almost a sin to bring in the backup QB.

Never would've predicted the depth in QB's in the CFL this year.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

One 1st down for the Bombers in the 2nd half.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Harris picks up 17 after running about 40.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Another McCallum boot makes it 53-17 BC.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

sj-roc wrote:
Coast Mountain Lion wrote:So when was the last time the Lions scored 50 in a game?
I don't know but it's the first time this year anyone's scored 50. Previous best was 48 on Sep 1 by Ssk against... wait for it... Wpg.
I went looking through the back pages; I found this one but there might be a more recent one:

Sat Oct 25, 2008: Tor 28 @ BC 55
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

sj-roc wrote:
sj-roc wrote:
I went looking through the back pages; I found this one but there might be a more recent one:

Sat Oct 25, 2008: Tor 28 @ BC 55
That's correct, according to TSN.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

sj-roc wrote:Parks scores a major on a fumble recovery.

Makes the score:

BC Defence 21
BC Offence 12
Winnipeg 7
This is what our OperationOrange Crew kept on yammering about during the game. Our D seemed to OWN the Bombers. On that INT by Parks, Cord tossed the ball twenty rows up and a fan wearing the 'gun metal grey' jersey caught it. I have no doubt he made to get Cord's autograph.......

Andrew Harris' mom came and took pictures with us and Harris threw his tough run for a TD up to her (that TD happened in the endzone in front of us).
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Belize City Lion wrote:I can't ever remember a standing ovation for a visiting QB :thup: :thup: tells you everything about how much Buck is loved anywhere he goes.
Very well said. It's amazing to see a long, warm, standing ovation for Buck Pierce. I guess Blue Bombers fans are so hungry with a 23 year drought that will likely be extended for yet another year that any QB that would take the team to a GC appearance is acceptable and in this case, it would be Pierce. This is especially true given the fact that it was not his personal decision to leave the team unlike a disgruntled player who demanded a trade or refused to sign an extension and bolted with the team.

I don't recall the Lions fans in BC Place giving such a long standing ovation to any popular ex-Lion QB who returned to the stadium in another uniform, be it Doug Flutie, Danny McManus, Matt Dunigan, Damon Allen, Dave Dickenson, and even Buck Pierce himself as a Blue Bomber in 2010. I guess we'll find out next week if Lions fans will be as receptive with Geroy Simon returning to BC Place. I'd say it will be analogous to another good ex-Lion receiver who returned in a Roughriders uniform - Jason Clermont. They will respect him, but not give such a long standing ovation like the one Pierce returning to Winnipeg.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I'm sure Lions fans would have given Geroy a standing ovation if he had set the record here instead of in Montreal last week. We'll probably still give him a good ovation the first time his name is mentioned.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Robbie wrote:
Belize City Lion wrote:I can't ever remember a standing ovation for a visiting QB :thup: :thup: tells you everything about how much Buck is loved anywhere he goes.
Very well said. It's amazing to see a long, warm, standing ovation for Buck Pierce. I guess Blue Bombers fans are so hungry with a 23 year drought that will likely be extended for yet another year that any QB that would take the team to a GC appearance is acceptable and in this case, it would be Pierce. This is especially true given the fact that it was not his personal decision to leave the team unlike a disgruntled player who demanded a trade or refused to sign an extension and bolted with the team.

I don't recall the Lions fans in BC Place giving such a long standing ovation to any popular ex-Lion QB who returned to the stadium in another uniform, be it Doug Flutie, Danny McManus, Matt Dunigan, Damon Allen, Dave Dickenson, and even Buck Pierce himself as a Blue Bomber in 2010. I guess we'll find out next week if Lions fans will be as receptive with Geroy Simon returning to BC Place. I'd say it will be analogous to another good ex-Lion receiver who returned in a Roughriders uniform - Jason Clermont. They will respect him, but not give such a long standing ovation like the one Pierce returning to Winnipeg.
I think as far as Buck's reception by the Bomber fans, one needs to keep in mind that they are supporting a last place team with dysfunctional management who traded away their best QB (when healthy), they aren't in the game and neither is their team, lots of people have given up and left for home AND they start chanting " WE WANT BUCK." So, coach Benny gives them what they want and a vigorous standing O begins, giving the fans a perverse way to not cheer for their team . :beauty:
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:I'm sure Lions fans would have given Geroy a standing ovation if he had set the record here instead of in Montreal last week. We'll probably still give him a good ovation the first time his name is mentioned.
Pringle as an Eskimo was warmly applauded @BCP when he surpassed George Reed's career rushing record and he never even played for us ever.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Wonder what we're gonna do for Geroy..........? Cheer when introduced and boo after that I'm guessing.........
Rammer
Team Captain

notahomer wrote:Wonder what we're gonna do for Geroy..........? Cheer when introduced and boo after that I'm guessing.........
I would be shocked if the BC fans would boo him, they may not cheer him after the intro's, but boo a Lion legend just sounds wrong.
Entertainment value = an all time low