Winnipeg game - Who's going?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

korey&dante4ever
Champion

Just wondering how many Lionbackers will be making the trip to Winnipeg? Operation Orange.

I'll be going and I'm counting down the hours until Thursday morning. Really excited.

Anyways, if any of you want to introduce yourselves, I'd love to talk some football with fellow Lionbackers and put a face to some of the names on here. My name is David, 23 years old and will be with my Dad and brother. We're all hardcore Lions fans. I've put in a request for a Shawn Gore jersey, so I'll be wearing that most of the time.

I'm looking forward to it, and hoping we can pull off another road win!
Last edited by korey&dante4ever on Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Believes in building from the trenches outwards. A great O-Line and D-Line guarantees an above average team.
-A coach that has to give a motivational pregame speech is probably a coach that is insecure about his game plan.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

While it is too far from Hong Kong I'll have to pass but who knows who you might see if you go to Danny and Buck's in the 'Peg the day/night before the game. Buck no doubt will be checking in there too to see how his place is faring with him out of town.

http://dannyswholehog.com/Dannys_Restaurant.php

https://twitter.com/DannyandBucks
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
notahomer
Hall of Famer

korey&dante4ever wrote:Just wondering how many Lionbackers will be making the trip to Winnipeg? Operation Orange.

I'll be going and I'm counting down the hours until Thursday morning. Really excited.

Hope you have a blast! I'm going too and Thursday can't come soon enough........
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Wonder if the Lion players will be dropping in on Buck's restaurant ? Freebies ??
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

My wife and I will be there........living in Winnipeg makes the trip a tad bit shorter/easier.
Lloyd
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

I'm going. I'm 5'8", 200 lbs., 65 years old. I will be wearing a "79 Taylor" jersey as that is my last name.

Getting together with other Lionbackers and attendees and going to Danny and Buck's BBQ for Thursday night sounds great to me. Let's share a taxi ride.
The_Pauser
Legend

I'll be going. I went on the Operation Orange Regina trip so I'll be a road trip veteran here. Had an absolute blast and looking forward to this trip as well! I'll be wearing an Orange 13 jersey.
Roar you Lions roar!
notahomer
Hall of Famer

The_Pauser wrote:I'll be going. I went on the Operation Orange Regina trip so I'll be a road trip veteran here. Had an absolute blast and looking forward to this trip as well! I'll be wearing an Orange 13 jersey.
Sounds awesome! Are you going for a three-peat and hitting the other game at Mosaic?

My budget can only afford one 'road trip', so I picked this one, where we get to see the new stadium.
The_Pauser
Legend

notahomer wrote:
Sounds awesome! Are you going for a three-peat and hitting the other game at Mosaic?

My budget can only afford one 'road trip', so I picked this one, where we get to see the new stadium.
I've given it some serious thought, but my budget probably wouldn't allow for it. I have the rest of this week off work so I figured why not? It's going to be an absolute blast!

Looking forward to meeting you and others on this trip. Made a lot of friends from the Regina trip!
Roar you Lions roar!
The_Pauser
Legend

Toppy Vann wrote:While it is too far from Hong Kong I'll have to pass but who knows who you might see if you go to Danny and Buck's in the 'Peg the day/night before the game. Buck no doubt will be checking in there too to see how his place is faring with him out of town.

http://dannyswholehog.com/Dannys_Restaurant.php

https://twitter.com/DannyandBucks
Thanks for the tip! Going to ask Buck what he recommends from the menu.
Roar you Lions roar!
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

Is anyone from the group arranging a get together at Buck's on Thursday? I can help out with transportation.

Do you know which hotel yet?
Lloyd
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Delta Hotel (I'm not sure how many Winnipeg has of that brand)......

I'm up for trying it (Buck's restaurant) but who knows. I LOVE BBQ, especially brisket......
Spud387
Champion

Looks like Pierce & some of the Lions will be at Buck's restaurant Thurs night.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

the trip to regina was amazing. I hope you all have as good or maybe even better time then we did! :)
2012 Season Ticket Holder
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Spud387 wrote:Looks like Pierce & some of the Lions will be at Buck's restaurant Thurs night.
I'm heading over to Vancouver in a few hours and will be off line for the rest of the week, so if one of you guys is making reservations for Thursday night, then count me in. I am looking forward to meeting the Travelling Lionbackers (and other fans and oh yeah the players) on Thursday at the airport.