Alouettes vs. Lions Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Lions back in the friendly confines of BC Place.

Als will be bringing the all out blitz. Will the Lions be able to counter it or will it be more of the same old ?

Will the Lions continue with their superiority over the Als at home ?
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

It's a rare Sunday afternoon game, which will probably help the Als. I don't see another miracle upset in their fortune, though. The Lions' pride has been challenged. With Solomon Elimimian back in the lineup and Chris Wilson in the mix at defensive end, the B.C. defence will be interesting to watch.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Attack the blitz with our anti blitz package.

Run the ball.

Blitz Marsh.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

WestCoastJoe wrote:Attack the blitz with our anti blitz package.
Do we have one ?
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:
Do we have one ?
LOL

Well, after some tsunamis, I was hoping the problem might be addressed.
leo4life
All Star

Cant wait for this matchup.Lions should come out fired up and i hope play smash mouth ball @ home.BC must do the following to get a must needed W.
1.Protect Lulay,beat the blitz,you know its coming.
2.Run the Football with screens,draws,move Harris around get him 15-20 touches.
3.Pressure Tanner Marsh.Hit him,hurry him blitz him sack him be relentless.
4.Special teams need a solid all around game,keep the field tilted in BC's favour.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

TheLionKing wrote:
Do we have one ?
I thought the same thing... Of course the Lions have one, but will they use one or just rely on superior execution?
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

no one comes to our house and takes whats ours! now lets go get this win!
2012 Season Ticket Holder
JohnHenry
Champion

The Lions should watch for the Als to "show blitz", like everyone expects them to do, but backing off to defend the short/intermediate passes? This way, the Lions will be keeping some receivers and backs in to block, which diminishes their offensive options while playing right into the Als hands, who have backed off into coverage to stuff the "hot reads" over the middle. Not sure what the answer could be in this scenario? That might leave the Lions with only the underneath plays...or will Travis be able to complete some long passes over-the-top?
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I have to admit I wouldn't pick a Sunday (I work Mondays) for a home game but I'm going to enjoy going because its a home game.

I see the Defence having a strong game and I guess we'll see about the other two facets. Our specials had success against the AL's but then again, so did theirs, IIRC. Offences? Well, I'm hoping it will be more about our D's strengths shutting down their Offence and causing mistakes (turnovers!). I guess its up to the game plans as to how our offence does. I know the will is there, but can they be given a way.......?
Blitz
Team Captain

B.C.FAN wrote:It's a rare Sunday afternoon game, which will probably help the Als. I don't see another miracle upset in their fortune, though. The Lions' pride has been challenged. With Solomon Elimimian back in the lineup and Chris Wilson in the mix at defensive end, the B.C. defence will be interesting to watch.
I don;t think Eliminian is playing today. Do you have info that he is B.C. Fan?

We're dressing 7 defensive lineman. Wilson will probably get limited reps. We should have a lot of fresh guys to pass rush in this game.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Blitz wrote:
B.C.FAN wrote:It's a rare Sunday afternoon game, which will probably help the Als. I don't see another miracle upset in their fortune, though. The Lions' pride has been challenged. With Solomon Elimimian back in the lineup and Chris Wilson in the mix at defensive end, the B.C. defence will be interesting to watch.
I don;t think Eliminian is playing today. Do you have info that he is B.C. Fan?

We're dressing 7 defensive lineman. Wilson will probably get limited reps. We should have a lot of fresh guys to pass rush in this game.

Sol E. IS ON the depth charts that WCJ, posted yesterday........
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Mike Beamish has tweeted that Elimimian is scratched. Chris Wilson takes his roster spot.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The Lions have 7 DL dressed and on the field. Those who have been arguing for a six-man rotation should be happy. I'm more concerned with the lack of depth at linebacker. It looks like McKenzie and Bighill, with Kyle Jones backing up.
Blitz
Team Captain

B.C.FAN wrote:The Lions have 7 DL dressed and on the field. Those who have been arguing for a six-man rotation should be happy. I'm more concerned with the lack of depth at linebacker. It looks like McKenzie and Bighill, with Kyle Jones backing up.
Neither starters better get hurt...but Aragki also plays linebacker and has seen quite a few reps this season.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)