Go Lions

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

mightybuck
Legend

With 2 BC Lions hats, a jersey, a framed pic of buck from Rick,a car flag, 2 t-shirts (0ne being a grey cup) and alot of people coming through crescent city on hwy 101, i never really got into Winnipeg :).Go Lions !!!
Last edited by mightybuck on Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The most competitive men love the most competitive game" Vince Lombardi

A true friend is someone who walks in when everyone else is walking out
Rammer
Team Captain

Just another positive about the trade MB is back onside.
Entertainment value = an all time low
mightybuck
Legend

Thanks Rammer, And I promise not to be so bias and defensive of Buck this time around :)

notahomer
Hall of Famer

mightybuck wrote:Thanks Rammer, And I promise not to be so bias and defensive of Buck this time around :)
Buck has always been fun to watch. I watched him lead the Bombers in the 2011 Grey Cup game here in Vancouver versus the Lions. It felt so weird wanting to cheer both QB's but deep down obviously I was bleeding orange.
Rammer
Team Captain

mightybuck wrote:Thanks Rammer, And I promise not to be so bias and defensive of Buck this time around :)
Don't stop posting what you want, I have zero problems with that. Just remember that not everyone is going to play as nice as they should.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

I was always cheering on the Bombers and Buck. Now that he's back I don't have to follow what has been a gong show this year in WPG.

In the end, as often happens in sport, the player was more loyal to the Bombers than they were to him.

There are times when fans forget these guys are human and criticism gets over the top and not warranted.

The only thing I hope for Buck is that he realizes that he can do more for his team than show how he will risk life and limb to make a play. The Damon Allens rarely took a hit and neither did hockey's greatest Wayne Gretzky!

I loved the old saying of Jim Easton, Sr, a former Scottish pro soccer player and coach who used to tell the team's he coached 'hey guys, there are no medals here' - a war analogy that for me was appropriate (many are not as games are not war) and a good reminder to players to play hard but play smart and stay healthy.

There is no loyalty - or little of it - in pro sport (senior amateur either!) and a player needs to be aware of that and protect himself and his career.

Buck impressed Wally that first preseason game in 2005 in Regina when Jarius was hurt on the first play from scrimmage and was done basically for the year with a serious thumb injury and he came on late in the game and took the Lions from a sure loss to a W.

I recall Dan Russell that year IIRC beating up on Wally for letting Pierce run up the score vs. the then hapless Ticats. Those plays were what kept the 4th QB in the mix. That and the coaching emphasis as 4 QBs (jarius less so) made a contribution.

The Buck addition to the locker room and team helps the team chemistry and adds leadership.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

mightybuck wrote:With 2 BC Lions hats, a jersey, a framed pic of buck from Rick,a car flag, 2 t-shirts (0ne being a grey cup) and alot of people coming through crescent city on hwy 101, i never really got into Winnipeg :).Go Lions !!!
Welcome back, mb and Buck.

One of my all time favourite Lions returns.

One of the things I remember about the legacy of Buck was his treatment of special needs kids, starting when he was in college. Walking the walk. He was just as he appeared, and just as he always behaved. Genuine. A role model. As good as it gets. :thup:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Nice to have you back again Mightybuck
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

It's like you never left. You just might need a new avatar, though. :beer:
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Yep, among the sad things surrounding Buck's first departure was the departure of Mighty Buck. Welcome back. Always good to have a great poster return to the board.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
mightybuck
Legend

It's like you never left. You just might need a new avatar, though.
Yea, it's just that it's my grandson :). Looking for an Aggie or del Norte high pic of buck wearing no 11

Spud387
Champion

mightybuck wrote:
It's like you never left. You just might need a new avatar, though.
Yea, it's just that it's my grandson :). Looking for an Aggie or del Norte high pic of buck wearing no 11
I am sure the media will have a Lions picture of him in #11 to chose from come Sunday
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

mightybuck wrote:With 2 BC Lions hats, a jersey, a framed pic of buck from Rick,a car flag, 2 t-shirts (0ne being a grey cup) and alot of people coming through crescent city on hwy 101, i never really got into Winnipeg :).Go Lions !!!
welcome back! :)
2012 Season Ticket Holder