Ti-Cats vs. Lions Game Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Battle of the Felines. 1st of a back to back series.

Will be interesting to see how the CFL's best offensive coordinator attack the blitz ? Will we finally see some screens, quick passes ?
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Roof: open or closed? Considering there's a Bollywood-themed halftime show, they may close it just so that goes off right.

Crowd: Every game this year has had more than the one before it but I'm thinking not this time. Our perennially worst draw, coming at the start of a long weekend. 29,201 will be tough to beat IMHO.

Current teamradio poll: which sport has best in-game atmosphere? Blake Price seems to be leaning baseball. Soccer leading as I type.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

lets go gettem boys! bring the noise!
2012 Season Ticket Holder
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

sj-roc wrote: Crowd: Every game this year has had more than the one before it but I'm thinking not this time. Our perennially worst draw, coming at the start of a long weekend. 29,201 will be tough to beat IMHO.
I concur. Last week's absymal performance won't help
squishy35
Legend

I am looking for a more spirited offensive output tonight...... I would think Chap will have had some new wrinkles in his offensive plan........ [deja vu / on]
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The Lions have announced the roof will be open, barring an unforeseen change in weather conditions.
vanhalendlrband
Rookie

Yeah with another Long Weekend game it might be tough to get the crowd in there.

It looks like another good crowd will be there tonight. It might be still upwards of 28-29,000 by the looks of things so far on the ticketmaster site. Lets only hope it gets an unexpected walkup crowd tonight with the roof open today.

Hamilton is looking good this year and are the hottest team right now, that might bring some old CFL fans out the door tonight as well as Hamilton was the 1st team we played to win the Grey Cup in 60's there.

I'll be definitely getting Season Tickets next season though, I know that much. Haven't been able to go to a game yet and I really wanted to go tonight, hell I really want to go to every game but can't always go.

As far as the game goes I think we're in for a really good game tonight. BC is going to have a tough time against Hamilton tonight I think but we will take them out in the end. I always love watching Lions vs Ti-Cats games. Ti-Cats always have a special historic feel to them that always reminds me of how great the CFL is. Burris is of course a throwback to the old Stamps Lions rivalries in years past, and they really look like they might take 1st in the East when its all said and done. I really think they're looking as good as Toronto depending on what's happening with Ricky Ray I haven't been following lately.

I really have no idea what to expect when these two teams play tonight as Lulay really needs to have a good game tonight more than anything and set up some longer drives so we don't have to put too much pressure on our Defense.
David
Team Captain

The sun is beginning to peek out as I type this. Even with the hole in the roof, this type of weather is best for the Lions IMO. Cloudy. No rain to keep people indoors, but no blazing sun to keep them away doing something else either. Funny though how a comparable city 2 hours away can pack a stadium for an exhibition game, yet still draw folks in droves to soccer, baseball, and college football. No excuses NOT to attend, and none of this BS about who the #2 team is (we act here like, "My God, you're the #3 franchise in town? Wow, you're really screwed now! #2 is taking all your fans!). But this is a discussion for another day....

Tonight should be a decent crowd. I recall Skulsky saying about 3 weeks ago on the radio that they'd sold 3,000 tickets (at that time) as some type of salute to amateur football? So I am thinking the south upper bowl should be fairly full tonight. Where the club invariably struggles of course is the lower bowl endzones/corner (particularly the east endzone).
Roar, You Lions, Roar
vanhalendlrband
Rookie

Looks like they're down to single seats in most sections. A few sections around 3 quarters empty but its actually looking better than the Calgary did around this time before the game. I would say at this point they've definitely passed 30,000. I'm almost gonna say it puts them around 32,000 right now.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Yup, Hamilton to the surprise of nobody bringing the heat
1greatmysticbushape
Champion

hope to see the Lions pass to a receiver heading south
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Touchdown by Gore
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Bit a surprise to be gambling so deep in their end