2013 Season Ticket Pricing & Renewals

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Just got this notice from the Lions. No price reduction

Dear *******

Wow…what an incredible journey so far this football season! Your first-place BC Lions Football Club is headed down the final stretch of the regular season and we’re calling on you, the best fans in the CFL, to continue to provide us with a true home field advantage.

We have an amazing 12-1 home record since moving back to BC Place and I can assure you that our fans have been an integral part of that success. Our goal since training camp has been to be in Toronto on November 25th and have the opportunity to become the 100th Grey Cup champions.

I’m writing today with great PRIDE to announce the details and opportunities surrounding your BC Lions 2013 season ticket renewal. Next year will be very special for our organization as we celebrate the significant milestone of our 60th season.

Through all the decades of legendary players and thrilling championships, our loyal fan base has been there cheering us on and helping build a rich history of Lions football in British Columbia. As we work tirelessly toward being considered the Pride of All BC, we also look ahead to creating a new chapter of memories for fans of all ages.

Beginning today, we ask you, our loyal fans, to make your commitment to our 60th season by placing a deposit and renewing your support of the club. From now until December 14th, your renewal will guarantee you the same ticket pricing you paid in 2012 and will secure your seats for another exciting year of BC Lions football.

By committing early, you also have a chance to win some outstanding early bird prizes. Details on how you can win a Nissan Juke, an exclusive Lions road trip experience and a chance to win TWO tickets to the 101st Grey Cup in Regina are listed by clicking on the prize draw information below.

As in previous seasons, there are many exclusive benefits available to Lions season ticket holders. In 2013, benefits will include savings of up to 27% off single game ticket prices, presale opportunities for next year’s Grey Cup in Regina and many other great perks.
Please act now and review the renewal details below to take advantage of our early bird benefits. There are many convenient ways for you to renew your season ticket commitment to your BC Lions for our historic 60th anniversary season. Do not hesitate to contact your account manager to discuss a renewal option that suits your needs.

Thank you in advance for your continued support of our organization. Your passion and commitment to making us the Pride of All BC is much appreciated. It’s a pleasure and honour to represent the great province of British Columbia that we proudly call home!

With tremendous pride,

Dennis Skulsky
President & CEO
Rammer
Team Captain

Lucky you purchased ST this year, because the way I read that you won't be bumped on the ticket price that Skulsky implies by saying..." your renewal will guarantee you the same ticket pricing you paid in 2012". Looks like the boat was missed on the ticket pricing, and get set for a new increase for 2013.
Entertainment value = an all time low
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Got mine today too. Same ticket pricing for those who renew. I don't know how much of a bargain that is until I know what price will be charged for new accounts.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Rammer wrote:Lucky you purchased ST this year, because the way I read that you won't be bumped on the ticket price that Skulsky implies by saying..." your renewal will guarantee you the same ticket pricing you paid in 2012". Looks like the boat was missed on the ticket pricing, and get set for a new increase for 2013.
It sure sounds that way too but it would almost be suicidal to try and throw another price increase at the fans, especially for casual walk-up tickets.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

I thought it meant that after Dec 14th, the prices go up, so new ST holders get a early deal as well. Just guessing.
dfootball
Rookie

This why Guy's you will see the lions decrease in attendance next year, look I understand if they keep the season ticket packages the same as this year, but not too have a cheaper ticket price structure for the upper deck and corners ? They are headed foe disaster again, does not matter if they win the grey cup again this year or not, people including my self are not going to pay $45.00 to sit in the end zone , yes I might go to one or two games next year with my 7 year old daughter but that is it, were in the past I might have taken her to 4-5 games.
Buonosjanet69
Starter

more like say goodbye to the upperbowl seating availability, a la Whitecaps
Rammer
Team Captain

Buonosjanet69 wrote:more like say goodbye to the upperbowl seating availability, a la Whitecaps
I doubt that, as people do have ST in the UB and the letter doesn't prevent that from happening. Plus, the Lions are averaging more than the LB can hold currently, so that would be to their detriment to limit the seating to the LB.
JohnHenry
Champion

B.C. Place has nearly 10,000 seats in the endzones in the lower bowl. When you block off the upper deck it forces all these fans into inferior endzone seats, when fans are willing to pay more for sideline seats. That was the problem when they were cramming 30,000 fans into the lower bowl, which prompted B. Ackles to open the upper deck (with all UD seats costing $40 back then which was comparable to the lower bowl sidelines.)
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

JohnHenry wrote:B.C. Place has nearly 10,000 seats in the endzones in the lower bowl. When you block off the upper deck it forces all these fans into inferior endzone seats, when fans are willing to pay more for sideline seats. That was the problem when they were cramming 30,000 fans into the lower bowl, which prompted B. Ackles to open the upper deck (with all UD seats costing $40 back then which was comparable to the lower bowl sidelines.)
And Ackles refused to open the upper deck until the lower bowl was consistently approaching full sell out.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Rider fans are getting their notices. There are no price breaks for upper deck. You pay the same whether you are in the first row or the last row. Season ticket prices are for 1 ex, 9 regular and 1 playoff taxes included. Single games do not include service charges from Ticketmaster or whomever they use out there.
Greens - (looks to be between 40s) - $675 early bird, $719 regular, $746 payment plan, $72 single game, $79 for LD
Blues - looks to be between 20s and 40s - $622 early bird, $663 regular, $687 payment plan, $66 single game, $73.50 LD
Reds - 20s to side of endzone - $550 early bird, $585 regular, $607 payment plan, $58 single game, $67 LD
Orange - corner of SW endzone - $464 early bird, $497 regular, $516 payment plan, $49 single game, $58 LD
Purple - back of south endzone - $381 early bird, $408 regular, $423 payment plan, $40 single game, $49 LD
Yellow - back of north endzone - $314 early bird, $336 regular, $347 payment plan, $33 single game, $37 LD

They do offer lower pricing for teens and children in all sections. Also there is lower pricing for Seniors but that isn't available in the green or blue sections.

In a nutshell you can't get into Mosaic as an adult for less than $30.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I'm opposed to any price breaks for upper bowl seating. The lower rows of the upper bowl are good seats for those who like that view. The goal of any pricing structure should be to fill from the bottom up. It doesn't serve the Lions or the league well to have TV cameras focus on 5,000 empty seats in the lower bowl while 5,000 seats are filled in the upper bowl out of camera range. The Lions should cut the prices in the corners of the lower bowl. That's where the most empty seats are.
dfootball
Rookie

Rider fans are getting their notices. There are no price breaks for upper deck. You pay the same whether you are in the first row or the last row. Season ticket prices are for 1 ex, 9 regular and 1 playoff taxes included. Single games do not include service charges from Ticketmaster or whomever they use out there.
Greens - (looks to be between 40s) - $675 early bird, $719 regular, $746 payment plan, $72 single game, $79 for LD
Blues - looks to be between 20s and 40s - $622 early bird, $663 regular, $687 payment plan, $66 single game, $73.50 LD
Reds - 20s to side of endzone - $550 early bird, $585 regular, $607 payment plan, $58 single game, $67 LD
Orange - corner of SW endzone - $464 early bird, $497 regular, $516 payment plan, $49 single game, $58 LD
Purple - back of south endzone - $381 early bird, $408 regular, $423 payment plan, $40 single game, $49 LD
Yellow - back of north endzone - $314 early bird, $336 regular, $347 payment plan, $33 single game, $37 LD

They do offer lower pricing for teens and children in all sections. Also there is lower pricing for Seniors but that isn't available in the green or blue sections.

In a nutshell you can't get into Mosaic as an adult for less than $30.

I do not mind myself paying $35.00 or up fpr a game but, not offering lower pricing for kids, teens, and seniors, is telling the families , do not bring your kids to lions games to expensive.

i think every other team in the cfl offer kids prices, except for bc. what a joke.
Rammer
Team Captain

B.C.FAN wrote:I'm opposed to any price breaks for upper bowl seating. The lower rows of the upper bowl are good seats for those who like that view. The goal of any pricing structure should be to fill from the bottom up. It doesn't serve the Lions or the league well to have TV cameras focus on 5,000 empty seats in the lower bowl while 5,000 seats are filled in the upper bowl out of camera range. The Lions should cut the prices in the corners of the lower bowl. That's where the most empty seats are.
Where the Lions are missing the boat on pricing is the corner LB and UB, plus UB seating beyond the first three rows or so. Also, if you noticed, the Riders have a separate price for children and seniors, what a novel idea, build for your future with a stadium that is generally sold out, whereas the Lions have a vast amount of seats not being used, yet still want to charge a full ride regardless of age or location.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

B.C.FAN wrote: The goal of any pricing structure should be to fill from the bottom up. It doesn't serve the Lions or the league well to have TV cameras focus on 5,000 empty seats in the lower bowl while 5,000 seats are filled in the upper bowl out of camera range. The Lions should cut the prices in the corners of the lower bowl. That's where the most empty seats are.
Agreed BCFAN. The old "bronze" pricing for the lower bowl was from one corner of the end zone to the other until the Lions decided to charge more for seats that are probably the furthest away from the field in the lower bowl.
Based on those corner end zone sections being consistently empty, it has failed miserably.