Ultimate Lions fan VIP road trip to Mosiac

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

SammyGreene
Team Captain

Wow this would be sweet. Wonder for extra $200 if they would put you on the 46-man roster? :wink:
Introducing the Ultimate BC Lions VIP Road Trip with the team to take on the Saskatchewan Roughriders on Saturday, September 29th. This trip gives you a chance to fly on the BC Lions charter with the players and coaches and cheer your Lions on to victory. You will share meals with the guys, stay in the team hotel, experience the day-before walkthrough practice and catch all the hard-hitting CFL action at the game.

This incredible opportunity includes:

- Return airfare on the BC Lions team charter
o Friday, September 28th@ 11am – Depart Vancouver for Regina
o Saturday, September 29th@11:59 pm – Depart Regina for Vancouver
- One night’s accommodation at the Ramada Hotel in downtown Regina
- Transportation on team buses to Mosaic Stadium for behind the scenes access to the walkthrough practice, the game, the hotel and transportation to and from the Regina airport.
- Pregame meal with the team.
- Your game ticket in the RED section for the BC Lions vs. Saskatchewan Roughriders.

All for only $799.00 per person*
*(Prices do not include HST and are based on single occupancy. Double occupancy rates also available.)

Spaces are limited. Call 604.589.ROAR (7627) and secure your seat today!
David
Team Captain

A buddy of mine called me today to tell me about this offer - urging me to come on "the roadtrip of a lifetime" as he called it. If I can swing that Friday off from work and I am not out of town, I will do it. :cr:

I think it's a great idea by the Lions. Kudos. :thup:

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Rammer
Team Captain

That is an awesome opportunity, wish that I had the time to take that in. :thup:
Entertainment value = an all time low
cromartie
Hall of Famer

That is a fantastic idea. It generates revenue and it capitalizes on one of the CFL's strongest selling points: accessibility. Give whoever thought of that a raise.

It's a shame the destination is Regina, though.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I got the invitation and hope to make it. I've never had anything like it.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

This bucket list experience gets more tempting by the minute. Just checked out airfares to Regina that weekend. Cheapest direct flight $747. One stop (via Calgary) $484. Makes $799 to basically be part of the team entourage that weekend look very good.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I think its a great idea too. I hope they do again. I can't go this season but it would be a blast. I hope you guys have a blast.........
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

I just got of the phone with the Lion's office. I GOT MY TICKET!

The guy at the Lion's office said that they have had quite a lot of interest including people lined up this morning at their office to get tickets.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Woohoo just got my ticket as well!
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Lions better be careful the Riders don't take advantage of this to send a spy!
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Will flak jackets and helmets be provided ?
princetonfan
Rookie

Just spoke with the Lions office and all sold out. I hope they do this again :pray:
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

When i purchased my ticket over the phone on Sunday the guy from the Lions said that a few customers had mentioned that the Lions have done this sort of 'fans travelling with the team to an away game' thing in the past. Anyone know when this occurred?
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

DanoT wrote:When i purchased my ticket over the phone on Sunday the guy from the Lions said that a few customers had mentioned that the Lions have done this sort of 'fans travelling with the team to an away game' thing in the past. Anyone know when this occurred?
Affirmative