Lions BBQ Sauce & marketing ideas...

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

the bbq sauce is freakin awesome! soo goood hahaha

i hope they come back with the roar energy drink :) that stuff was awesome
2012 Season Ticket Holder
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I thought the sauce was so so. Overpriced though
TheFanWithTheFlag
Starter

i hope they come back with the roar energy drink that stuff was awesome
Central city brewing has discontinued the enery drink. I had gotten the last two cases from them. They have an expiry date of July 2012. They have also discontinued the bc lions Budweiser beer for some reason.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

I saw the Lions bbq sauce at Save On Foods tonight. It's rather pricy; even on sale it was $9.99 for a 12 oz bottle ($1 off their $10.99 regular price). Not sure how widely available it is or if there's supposed to be a variety of flavours, but the only one I saw was "tequila-citrus" (with 2.5% alc/vol if you're wondering). But you prob won't wanna get drunk on it; the other strike against it AFAIC is how loaded it is with sodium: it's got more in 2 tbsp than in most bowls of soup. YMMV but for that reason alone I wouldn't even buy it at a more typical sale price, say $2.49.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.