All things Kamloops Training Camp 2012

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

QB Club 63
All Star

Let me start by apologizing in case this has already been covered earlier in this thread or elsewhere, but I was wondering what roster cutdown dates are coming up. Is June 24 the date for all teams to declare their opening game roster of 46?

And what's the traveling roster limit for Edmonton next week, something like 53 players?

As mentioned earlier, ankle-sprain and turf-toe season is rapidly approaching. Here's hoping Bill Reichelt and his medical staff have sufficient placebos to care for all the soon-to-be-afflicted athletes! :popcorn:

<scene at TC: "Son, we told you to bring your playbook when you came to see the coach". "But I did! This is my BlackBerry PlayBook right here!..."> :tease:
korey&dante4ever
Champion

Read in the paper yesterday the amount of time the now "Big 3" are going to miss with their injuries.

Valli: 2 weeks
Newman: 2-3 weeks
Hameister-Reis: 7-10 days

Very promising. wow
-Believes in building from the trenches outwards. A great O-Line and D-Line guarantees an above average team.
-A coach that has to give a motivational pregame speech is probably a coach that is insecure about his game plan.
pennw
Legend

korey&dante4ever wrote:Read in the paper yesterday the amount of time the now "Big 3" are going to miss with their injuries.

Very promising. wow
This is going to make for some tough decisions . Those 2nd string o-line guys all looked real good when they were in for most of the later parts of the game. Of course that was against Rider prospects too , not necessarily top d-line guys .
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

QB Club 63 wrote:Let me start by apologizing in case this has already been covered earlier in this thread or elsewhere, but I was wondering what roster cutdown dates are coming up. Is June 24 the date for all teams to declare their opening game roster of 46?
I've read that Sunday or Monday is the deadline for rosters to be cut from 75 to 65. The Lions are already at 65, plus six non-counting rookies from the CIS or junior football.

By June 25, the roster must be reduced to 46 players plus a seven-player practice roster and injury lists.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

korey&dante4ever wrote:Read in the paper yesterday the amount of time the now "Big 3" are going to miss with their injuries.

Very promising. wow
If Norman and Kabongo continue with the kind of play in the next pre-season game as they did in the first, those other guys may end up being eased back into the line-up slower that would otherwise happen. I'm especially thinking Kabongo might have secured a starting spot. He is probably loving playing beside a guy of Olafioye's calibre at tackle and a guy at centre in Read who is really a skilled communicator and great at establishing the blocking assignments while they are lined up at the line of scrimmage.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

According to LU, the Lions have signed undersized defensive end Brandon Peguese, a Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference all-star at Hampton University who signed as a free agent with Philadelphia in 2011 and Indianapolis this year before being waived last month.

Like the signing of OL Dane Randolph on Friday, The acquisition of Peguese may suggest a lack of satisfaction with the defensive ends who have been battling for a rotational spot this year behind starters Keron Williams and Khreem Smith. The latest training camp depth chart lists Rajon Henley and Jeremy Geathers second and third behind Smith at one end, while Brandon Jordan and junior Steven Doege are second and third behind Williams at the other end.

The timing is particularly strange as it comes near the end of camp. According to Mike Beamish, the team will make more cuts after the conclusion of two-a-days on Sunday. There is just one practice on Monday and one on Tuesday before the team takes a pared-down roster to Edmonton and the final preseason game on Thursday.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote: Like the signing of OL Dane Randolph on Friday, The acquisition of Peguese may suggest a lack of satisfaction with the defensive ends who have been battling for a rotational spot this year behind starters Keron Williams and Khreem Smith. The latest training camp depth chart lists Rajon Henley and Jeremy Geathers second and third behind Smith at one end, while Brandon Jordan and junior Steven Doege are second and third behind Williams at the other end.
Yeah that is strange.

I thought Ossai looked good blocking, and Mudge kept the pressure off Reilly also.

The D Line guys were energetic, pressured the pocket, but looked inexperienced.

Dorazio knows Randolph. Heck he should almost qualify as a non import, having spent time as a youth in the Queen Charlottes.

IMO the guys they have look good, but I would consider this building on strength. It is not as if the cupboard is bare, even with the new guys.