Aaron Hunt an Alouette

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

dpoe
Starter

...so goes twitter. 1 yr + option
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Sad to see him go, but not really a surprise.
BCfanInDIXIE
Starter

damn. Well, ya can't win 'em all.
Founder of the Bama BC Fan Club :towel:
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Good luck Aaron.

I wish you could have finished your career here but I shall look forward to your bringing the goodness down dance in Montreal. You will be missed by the fans in BC.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
BCfanInDIXIE
Starter

He'll be a big help for my boy Bear Woods over there.
Founder of the Bama BC Fan Club :towel:
joe kapp22
Legend

Could see it coming though, when we kept Taylor and managed to resign Mitchell, and added Shell and Parker there just was not room for him in BC under the SMS.
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Sorry to see Aaron go. I wish him well. He was a loyal soldier for the Lions
David
Team Captain

Whichever way they spin it, I have to think Wally could have found the dough to keep him here but ultimately decided not to try too hard. They found money for Shell and Parker - not exactly a pressing need. Either they felt they've got an up and coming replacement in Teryl White, a better all-round player in Eric Taylor, Wally had one of his veteran "hunches," or Hunt is not Stubler's type of player. Could he have rubbed Stubler the wrong way when he was D-Coordinator in Edmonton....when he gets in the QB's grill after an interception and yaps at the opposing sideline?

I'd suggest it's one of the above - just not sure which one. You can always find a way to keep the players you want to keep - even if it's at the expense of letting someone else go, so I never really buy "we didn't have the cap space."

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
TheFanWithTheFlag
Starter

I agree David, Wally could have come up with the dough for sure. He just didn't think he was bc lions material. I guess

Thefanwiththeflag
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

More than likely it is just Wally doing his thing where he prefers to let a player go a season or so before he is past his prime. We have seen it lots with him in the past. Aaron probably has another good season or two in him and will help the Als but he is definitely on the wrong side of the curve and will be winding down from this point on. He probably would have wanted a multi-year deal and while Wally might have been able to accommodate him for 1 year, he wouldn't have gone more. He would also seek to reduce Aaron's role and I don't know if mentally Aaron is ready to accept a demotion. I'm not sure how well he might be suited to that in any case. Aaron has a motor on him and if he wasn't on the field as much, it might have turned to unhappiness and distraction over time.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
QB Club 63
All Star

Didn't Aaron's older brother Reggie follow a similar path as he wound down his impressive CFL career? What was it, 6 years in Rider green? All CFL once, 4-time Western All Star, and a Grey Cup?

In 2008, he left to join Montreal, played one season for the Als then lost the starting job to Richmond product Shea Emry. I remember there had been speculation in the media he might get invited to Lions TC but he was picked up by the Evil Empire. Played one more season but only appeared in 4 games.

Signed a one-day contract with Saskatchewan last year to "officially" retire as a Rider. :popcorn:

Aaron - don't you see the writing on the wall? Montreal's a career-killer for the Hunt brothers! :shock:

Come back home before it's too late! :roar:
274always
All Star

BCfanInDIXIE wrote:He'll be a big help for my boy Bear Woods over there.
He sure will. :thup: Thanks Leos.
Grey Cup 103. Graduation day.
1greatmysticbushape
Champion

they need him more than us.
Anglophone
All Star

I had a feeling we'd be losing Aaron, but I didn't really see him heading to Montréal. It makes sense, though.

He sure was a great team player, and was always good for a laugh when he got interviewed. Good attitude, I'm sure he will succeed.