Marsh and Phillips are off the market.

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Rammer
Team Captain

Both have to finalize their contracts, but the Lions expect both to be back in the Den. Marsh has to wait out passing a physical and Phillips just has to go over the fine print tomorrow, but it looks like the Lions D won't lose as much as was expected. That leaves Aaron Hunt as the potential FA pending.

All according to Farhan Lalji tweet.
Farhan Lalji @FarhanLaljiTSN

Dante Marsh and Ryan Phillips have agreed to terms with the #BCLions. They will not be going to free agency tomorro
Entertainment value = an all time low
MexicoLionFan
Legend

Fantastic Rammer...thanks...this has been a dream off season, and coming on the heals of a dream season, that is pretty amazing...

I have been pushing for Marsh and Phillips to get resigned...and Phillips as much as Marsh...the reason? Phillips has found his home as the Wide side corner...it fits his game like a glove...one of the reasons that the Lions D was so good down the stretch last year was due to the fact that Phillips and Kornegay elevated their play to the level of Marsh and Banks...

And now we have the news that Wally has a contract before Lin-J Shell set for tomorrow, and we could end up with the best Lions secondary in history, and we don't even know who the safety will be yet.

Just another great day to be a Lions fan...now let's hope Shell sees the overwhelming benefits of becoming a BC Lion and signs on soon...with Lulay, Olafoye, Simon and Bruce all returning on O, McCallum on special teams, and this defence featuring Khalif Mitchell, this years team is going to be a juggernaut...
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Good news.

A couple of old pros. But they can still move. LOL :thup: :thup:

Keep up the good work, Wally.

Next ... Aaron Hunt.
MexicoLionFan
Legend

Joe, think about it...in light of this off season and these latest signings, including Marsh, Phillips and Shell...Hunt is no dummy...he realizes that this is THE TEAM in the league...in THE CITY...in THE STADIUM...I know that it is an ego blow to Aaron to have to deal with this, but as I said yesterday, this could be a great thing for Aaron both professionally AND financially...

Hunt is no kid...playing in an All Star rotation to end out his career, could easily prolong it, and still allow him to reach an All Star level and therefore bonuses...and with Grey Cup money dangling out in front of him, I just can't see Aaron going anywhere else.
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Great news :thup: :thup: Can't wait for the season to get under way
Anglophone
All Star

FANTASTIC! This is the piece I was really waiting for. It looks like everything is falling into place nicely.