Another Reason To Love Travis Lulay

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

BCfanInDIXIE
Starter

Founder of the Bama BC Fan Club :towel:
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

I think it's another reason love the whole freakin team! :) They're humble and real...and CHAMPS
Real women wear orange!!
MexicoLionFan
Legend

They are humble and real...this is a very sincere group that is very close, and it's why they have a legitimate shot at a dynasty...

Here are some reasons to love Travis on the field...

* Obviously a strong arm, but it's accurate as well
* Sees the field well for an inexperienced QB and is capable of looking off to a 2nd or 3rd choice
* Looks the guys in the eyes in the huddle, and has the offensive team under control
* Is a pocket QB, which is important, because he is able to see the whole field and find guys who come wide open
* Will pull the ball down and run with it (effectively) but ONLY AFTER the pass simply isn't there, hugely important
* Will look off the safety to open up seam routes

Now we get to the INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT ones...

* As tough as a brick wall...will stay in there and take a hit to complete the pass, BUT will get right back up as well, plus he can play with pain...this is more important than many of fans know
* Rarely creates a turnover...whether through INTs or fumbles, he simply doesn't make very many mistakes...and with our defence, that is the recipe for winning games week in and week out
* He sees winning and the team first...personal stats last...and this is genuine with Travis and very important...if the other players respect their QB, they will go through a wall for him, and that's the difference between winning and losing championship games...he may not ever become the most talented QB ever, but if he continues doing what he is currently doing, he will need to find more fingers for all the championship rings he is going to win!
Last edited by MexicoLionFan on Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
David
Team Captain

CatsEyes wrote:I think it's another reason love the whole freakin team! :) They're humble and real...and CHAMPS
I agree. Maybe it's because video clips of the team are so ubiquitous. Maybe it's because so many are active on Twitter and we've gotten to know their personalities and have more access to them than ever before, but the 2011 BC Lions have been hands-down my favorite Lions team. Great characters. Great character. :thup:

I'll still have an emotional attachment to the '71 squad because it was my first year following the team in earnest - collecting their bubble gum cards and Royal Bank/Chevron player photos, and '77 because they were Jerry and The Cardiacs - putting together one improbable victory after another, but the 2011 Lions have been just so damn...likeable.
Roar, You Lions, Roar
MexicoLionFan
Legend

David wrote:
CatsEyes wrote:I think it's another reason love the whole freakin team! :) They're humble and real...and CHAMPS
I agree. Maybe it's because video clips of the team are so ubiquitous. Maybe it's because so many are active on Twitter and we've gotten to know their personalities and have more access to them than ever before, but the 2011 BC Lions have been hands-down my favorite Lions team. Great characters. Great character. :thup:

I'll still have an emotional attachment to the '71 squad because it was my first year following the team in earnest - collecting their bubble gum cards and Royal Bank/Chevron player photos, and '77 because they were Jerry and The Cardiacs - putting together one improbable victory after another, but the 2011 Lions have been just so damn...likeable.

Prior to the 2011 team Blitz, my favourites were the 1994 and 2000 teams...especially the 2000 team...they were far from the most talented or pretty team, but man were they smash mouth on BOTH sides of the ball...Milly and Drummond played smash mouth O and Carl Kidd and Company played smash mouth D...and by the time the playoffs hit, that 2000 team had hit their stride and they could have simply kept on playing games and they would not have lost one...by the end of the 2000 season, they were just a dominating team...

Milly is one of my favourite Lions of all time, as is Carl Kidd...
Last edited by MexicoLionFan on Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
Robbie
Hall of Famer

MexicoLionFan wrote:especially the 2000 team...they were far from the most talented or pretty team, but man were they smash mouth on BOTH sides of the ball...Milly and Drummond played smash mouth O and Carl Kidd and Company played smash mouth D...and by the time the playoffs hit, that 2000 team had hit there stride and they could have simply kept on playing games and they would not have lost one...by the end of the 2000 season, they were just a dominating team...

:whs:
Well said, MLF. It's good to hear someone commending the most underrated championship team. For the longest time, I kept wondering among the 6 GC wins the 2000 one is by far the least popular despite personally I felt that playoff drive was amazing given the team's bad regular attendance record but came through with well-deserved wins come playoff time. Now, I think I know why and it's simply because the team was not popular and didn't have a huge loyal fan base at that time and that was easily illustrated by the attendance during that period. From 1996-2002, game attendance would often fall under 20,000.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

The thing I like about Lulay the most is his throwing the football away when the play is not there. Too often a quarterback starts running around or forcing the football which ends up being intercepted or getting sack putting his team in poor field position. Don't beat yourself with stupid mistakes.
BCfanInDIXIE
Starter

TheLionKing wrote:The thing I like about Lulay the most is his throwing the football away when the play is not there. Too often a quarterback starts running around or forcing the football which ends up being intercepted or getting sack putting his team in poor field position. Don't beat yourself with stupid mistakes.

I agree. In addition to him being a physically gifted QB, he is also a very intelligent one. Some folks think all you need is athleticism, but I have always said ya gotta have a good head on your shoulders to make it past highschool level play. Michael Vick and Vince Young are good examples of amazing physical ability but no brains for the game. I think that's the main reason Philly is so bad this year.

Travis is going to be one of the greatest of all-time in the CFL if he stays. I mean, that is just my opinion of course, but if the guy can stay healthy I don't see why he wouldn't be. if BC will commit to him and give him the weapons to throw to I think we can win many more Grey Cups under the leadership of Lulay.

Dynasty baby! :beauty:
Founder of the Bama BC Fan Club :towel:
Ballistic Bob
Legend

BCfanInDIXIE wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:The thing I like about Lulay the most is his throwing the football away when the play is not there. Too often a quarterback starts running around or forcing the football which ends up being intercepted or getting sack putting his team in poor field position. Don't beat yourself with stupid mistakes.

I agree. In addition to him being a physically gifted QB, he is also a very intelligent one. Some folks think all you need is athleticism, but I have always said ya gotta have a good head on your shoulders to make it past highschool level play. Michael Vick and Vince Young are good examples of amazing physical ability but no brains for the game. I think that's the main reason Philly is so bad this year.

Travis is going to be one of the greatest of all-time in the CFL if he stays. I mean, that is just my opinion of course, but if the guy can stay healthy I don't see why he wouldn't be. if BC will commit to him and give him the weapons to throw to I think we can win many more Grey Cups under the leadership of Lulay.

Which reminds me of the old joke among many others about Terry Bradshaw having a brain scan and finding nothing. BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
joe kapp22
Legend

I like that he looks like Damien Lewis from the Band of Brothers mini series:

Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
joe kapp22
Legend

BCfanInDIXIE wrote:

Kidding aside about "the ginger Qb" as Murph calls him, one of the things I like about the CFL is there are guys behind Travis who was were he was 2-3 yrs ago, just hungry young Qb's who are willing to do whatever it takes to get a chance to show what they can do.

The CFL archives their games on Youtube, or did, and when I was watching games from the 08 season to see if Wake really was as good as I heard, I saw this skinny Qb who was forced to play due to injuries, and he had a running play, and he was knocked woozy

As the announcer said (could have been Rod Black)

"Travis Lulay is on easy street right now"

:roar:
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.