Guess the final Grey Cup score thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

geroy_simon_081
Starter

I'm sorry but this game won't be as close as people are predicting. Just because it's a championship game doesn't mean we need to throw out hyperboles. BC is a far better team. If they play like they've played the last 3 games, they will win this going away...

Anyways:

BC - 33
Winnipeg - 17
rareair
All Star

31-16 Lions.....
Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Anglophone
All Star

44-19

BC LIONS

:roar:
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

24-23
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Blue In BC wrote:Bomers. Will score 1 more point than the Lions.

I know that you know that's not really your prediction.. but you can hope and pray I guess. :-)

Lioins 38 sluggishville 13
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Buonosjanet69 wrote:Lets keep the commentary and analyses in other thread going but use this one solely for predicting the final score. This way we get to see how we did without having to go thru all the thread clutter.

If you want to comment on the game itself, again, throw it in here: http://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtop ... 6&start=15

My prediction?

Lions 31 - Bombers 16
sounds like someone's applying to be a moderator ;)

My call: 28-24 good guys :)
Real women wear orange!!
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

Lionheart wrote:
Blue In BC wrote:Bomers. Will score 1 more point than the Lions.

I know that you know that's not really your prediction.. but you can hope and pray I guess. :-)

Lioins 38 sluggishville 13
The Bombers seldom give up more than 200 yards passing to any QB including AC. If they can make him look mortal, then I have no doubt they can give Lulay fits. The Bombers led most defensive categories and have the best secondary in the CFL. 1/3 of the sacks given up by the Lions in 2011 were to the Bombers.

If the Bombers lose it will be because of their inconsistent offense ( more than the Lions defense per se ) and the home field advantage at BC Place. Bomber offense struggled this year even against poor defensive teams ( Argos & Riders ).

Do I believe the Lions are the better team? No I don't.

Do I believe the Lions have a better chance at winning in Vancouver. Yes I do.

However, I was just reading the post strings from August where Lions fans wanted Lulay benched. He's gone a long way from that to MOP in a short time.

Hamilton scored 42 points on the Lions at the end of October. They only scored 3 on the Bombers in the EDF.

How does that equate to the Lions with the better defense?
Last edited by Blue In BC on Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Defense will always win the day especially in the championship games, but I think both offenses on Sunday will want to be recognized as well, so my prediction...

Leos - 35 / Bombers - 26 :yahoo:
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

ESPN's Chris Berman just picked B.C. to win 29-18.
Buonosjanet69
Starter

JohnHenry wrote:30-23 Lions
you win :cool:
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:ESPN's Chris Berman just picked B.C. to win 29-18.
He got the spread right.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.