Grey Cup Tailgate Party

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

rocketrichard21
prospect

Where does everybody plan on tailgating for the Grey Cup this year? In years past it was under the Cambie St. overpass so I was wondering what the plan was this year?
squishy35
Legend

Yep,

A lot of us interior Lionbackers are coming down........ where's the place to be?
Buonosjanet69
Starter

should be interesting to see how the VPD handles all this.. you guys find the Lions fanbase to be generally older? Older = less hooliganism
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

There's so much else going on-will people actually be tailgating?
Real women wear orange!!
squishy35
Legend

CatsEyes wrote:There's so much else going on-will people actually be tailgating?

sure..... My truck has a tailgate..... we're a the Pan Pacific Saturday and Sunday nights.... :)
rocketrichard21
prospect

Buonosjanet69 wrote:should be interesting to see how the VPD handles all this.. you guys find the Lions fanbase to be generally older? Older = less hooliganism
yes, the lions fanbase that tailgates is usually an over 30's crowd so the VPD generally allow it plus everybody is going into the stadium at kick-off so we won't be in the streets all day.
bc49
Hall of Famer

All the regular tailgate crew that I know are hotel bound that weekend and won't have any tailgating supplies or infrastructure to even attempt a parking lot pre-game. Additionally it is likely the surface parking lots near the stadium would be reserved for festival related events.
Thus I would venture one would be hard pressed to find a well attended tailgate party on game day.
But there are plenty of events and watering holes open early on Sunday to wet your whistle or whatever else you need wet
Buonosjanet69
Starter

bc49 wrote:But there are plenty of events and watering holes open early on Sunday to wet your whistle or whatever else you need wet
hehe