Still no Grey Cup Tickets

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Passaglia
All Star

Still don't have my tickets in the mail.. I know there was a recent thread and people have been told late October, but the month is about to end! Anyone receive theirs yet?

I'm not a STH but bought when they went on sale in May and paid in full
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Don't worry, I'm still waiting for mine
ik17
Rookie

http://twitter.com/#!/bclions_service

"@kthreads_82 You will see them via Canada Post first and second week of November. @2011GreyCup is working through the printing process now."

"@bclions_service @2011greycup that's pushing it kinda late isn't it?"

"@kthreads_82 @2011greycup With the new stadium having all new seats, we needed to make sure all seat numbers were accurate before mailing."
MikeAK
All Star

It is pushing it really late, imo. I feel for those who are traveling from out of town... but as long as they get it right and everyone gets theirs than I guess it's all good.
Passaglia
All Star

Thanks for the update.. I actually follow that twitter feed but didn't see those updates.. Understand the new stadium making it more tough, but still pretty late. Previous Grey Cups we have received them in early September!
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

Got mine today along with tickets for the Vanier Cup.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Me too :rockin:
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Good, looking forward to receiving them this week
MikeAK
All Star

TheLionKing wrote:Good, looking forward to receiving them this week
Same here... I also ordered those transit tickets so hopefully that doesn't prolong my order. Don't like how late they're pushing this but as long as they get it right.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

got my tix yesterday too! :) should be a great week!
2012 Season Ticket Holder
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I got my playoff tickets today but not my Grey Cup tickets.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:I got my playoff tickets today but not my Grey Cup tickets.
Playoff tickets? For a game we're not yet even assured of hosting? I understand they want to ensure timely ticket delivery but that strikes me as a somewhat hubristic move (assuming Edm/Cgy haven't done the same!). I don't remember this being the case in 2004-2007 but then again we may have clinched hosting rights for those games earlier in the season.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Same here
Spud387
Champion

TheLionKing wrote:
Same here
I got my Grep Cup tickets yesterday & my playoff tickets today
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

sj-roc wrote:Playoff tickets? For a game we're not yet even assured of hosting? I understand they want to ensure timely ticket delivery but that strikes me as a somewhat hubristic move (assuming Edm/Cgy haven't done the same!). I don't remember this being the case in 2004-2007 but then again we may have clinched hosting rights for those games earlier in the season.
The Lions were late this year selling playoff tickets, perhaps because of uncertainty over whether the team will host a game and perhaps because they were also trying to sell two regular-season games at the end of the year. It doesn't bode well for drawing big crowds.

It would be almost impossible to give season ticket holders priority for playoff seat selection if the Lions waited for the end of the season and had to host the semifinal the following week. I recall at least one or two years in the recent past when the team didn't host a game and we were given the option of taking a refund or having our money applied toward the following year's season tickets.