Isnt anyone here worried??

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

I may have missed something, but I am surprised that I do not see any discussion re possible BCGEU strike action, and what impact it might have on the lions and grey cup.

are there alternate plans?

or is everyone just sure that it will not be an issue??
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
ik17
Rookie

They won't picket during reg season, they'll aim for Grey Cup.

If Grey Cup is missed, everyone's heads will roll. Someone will buck up and it'll get fixed eventually.

Media fear mongering doesn't help.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I like the fact that the union vowed not to strike for Saturday's Whitecaps game. Hopefully they'll make some progress during the week and make a similar statement next week.
Rammer
Team Captain

B.C.FAN wrote:I like the fact that the union vowed not to strike for Saturday's Whitecaps game. Hopefully they'll make some progress during the week and make a similar statement next week.
The big ticket crunch is the GC game, no need to put pressure until that point to make their point. :2cents:
Entertainment value = an all time low
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I'm not worried because I can't do anything one way or the other. If their labour action causes me to miss a game, so be it. If it is just a chip they get to play (one of their few they can play) in the labour process, okay too.

I highly doubt the Grey Cup will be postponed but who knows? I hope I get to see it but its in the hands of Pavco (& BC Government), the mediator and the BCGEU. I worry enough about the Lions and I have no control over that either....