Lion's Home PO Game?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

MikeAK
All Star

Does a Lion's win in Hamilton and a CGY loss guarantee a home playoff game?
korey&dante4ever
Champion

MikeAK wrote:Does a Lion's win in Hamilton and a CGY loss guarantee a home playoff game?
Yes
-Believes in building from the trenches outwards. A great O-Line and D-Line guarantees an above average team.
-A coach that has to give a motivational pregame speech is probably a coach that is insecure about his game plan.
MikeAK
All Star

Thank you for your reply
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Our "magic number" to clinch a home playoff game is 2. The "magic number" to clinch first place is 3, but it will really come down to which team wins on October 29.
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

Edmonton would have to beat us by 35 to secure the tiebreaker in the series. We could sure use another favor from brayley's other squad this Friday! A win over the ticats is a must if we want first.

First season in a long time that we have a far better record against west teams than east:

Vs edm 2-1
Vs cal 2-1
Vs sask 3-0

Vs Winn 0-2
Vs ham 0-1
Vs tor 2-0
Vs mtl 0-1

Only two wins against the east and both have come against the Argos. Time to destroy the east.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Wakesbetterthanyou wrote:Edmonton would have to beat us by 35 to secure the tiebreaker in the series. We could sure use another favor from brayley's other squad this Friday! A win over the ticats is a must if we want first.
My math gives me 29 points that Edmonton would need to outscore us to win the tie breaker... but regardless it will likely come down to who wins their next two games. Even if we win this week in Hamilton, and Edmonton loses to Toronto, it may not mean anything if we can't win at home on October 29. The Eskimos should have a gimme playing the Riders at home on the last weekend of the regular season.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

"Wakesbetterthanyou"A win over the ticats is a must if we want first.
Certainly would help but not a must win. Lions can afford to go 2-1 as long as one of the two wins is against Edmonton.

But beat Hamilton and Edmonton the next 2 weeks and they clinch. :thup: Given the implications of the BC/Edm game it should be a beauty. Too bad the crowd size will be held back by the fact it's going head-to-head with the Canucks/Capitals game at Rogers Arena on HNIC.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Belize City Lion wrote:
Wakesbetterthanyou wrote:Edmonton would have to beat us by 35 to secure the tiebreaker in the series. We could sure use another favor from brayley's other squad this Friday! A win over the ticats is a must if we want first.
My math gives me 29 points that Edmonton would need to outscore us to win the tie breaker... but regardless it will likely come down to who wins their next two games.
I kind of get the feeling the tiebreaker w/Edm won't matter; the winner on the 29th will prob finish ahead of the loser outright anyway.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Belize City Lion wrote:
My math gives me 29 points that Edmonton would need to outscore us to win the tie breaker... but regardless it will likely come down to who wins their next two games. Even if we win this week in Hamilton, and Edmonton loses to Toronto, it may not mean anything if we can't win at home on October 29. The Eskimos should have a gimme playing the Riders at home on the last weekend of the regular season.
My math does as well. :)
Real women wear orange!!
Passaglia
All Star

To explain it in a more simple way, for Lions to be guaranteed 1st place they must beat Edmonton and split their remaining two against the Als and Ticats. So basically win 2 of the last 3, with one of the W's against EE.

So in response to whoever posted above, the Lions don't "have to" beat Hamilton tomorrow to have any hope of 1st place.
Rammer
Team Captain

Passaglia wrote:To explain it in a more simple way, for Lions to be guaranteed 1st place they must beat Edmonton and split their remaining two against the Als and Ticats. So basically win 2 of the last 3, with one of the W's against EE.

So in response to whoever posted above, the Lions don't "have to" beat Hamilton tomorrow to have any hope of 1st place.
Correct, although I like the idea of having a W against Hamilton in order to make the Eskimo game 'ours' to take first. Can't believe that the Lions are in the driver seat for first, what a topsy turvy season in the West.
Entertainment value = an all time low
pennw
Legend

Rammer wrote:
Passaglia wrote:To explain it in a more simple way, for Lions to be guaranteed 1st place they must beat Edmonton and split their remaining two against the Als and Ticats. So basically win 2 of the last 3, with one of the W's against EE.

Correct, although I like the idea of having a W against Hamilton in order to make the Eskimo game 'ours' to take first. Can't believe that the Lions are in the driver seat for first, what a topsy turvy season in the West.
Ya , and all they need to do is keep winning . Win two more and that makes it 11 in a row . Last time BC won 11 in a row it did not end to well . Calgary looked pretty good with Tate starting . For some reason I keep getting the feeling we are due a loss . Last couple of games BC has had it much tougher than some of those blow out wins. Eskies and Stamps are both looking like they are getting their acts back together now .
pennw
Legend

Getting ahead of myself here . We are on a 8 game win streak , so two more makes it 10 in a row , not 11 . But getting closer to that 11 game mark still .
Rammer
Team Captain

pennw wrote:
Rammer wrote:

Ya , and all they need to do is keep winning . Win two more and that makes it 11 in a row . Last time BC won 11 in a row it did not end to well . Calgary looked pretty good with Tate starting . For some reason I keep getting the feeling we are due a loss . Last couple of games BC has had it much tougher than some of those blow out wins. Eskies and Stamps are both looking like they are getting their acts back together now .
Do you really think that Calgary looked good against the Riders? I thought that they looked vulnerable and Tate was average. Glad he got a couple of INT's so I didn't have to listen to Suitor go on and on about his zero picks in 150 passes, well lets hear about his two INT's in his next 10 throws next week. What made me happy is the Tate performance was perhaps good enough to keep Burris on the bench another week and that will add turmoil eventually within the Stamps locker room.
Entertainment value = an all time low