New Roof Leaking

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

CTV News is reporting the new roof is leaking. They interviewed fans at the game and they were saying some fans had to be moved because water was leaking from the roof
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

It was puddling under our seats in the first two rows of Section 253. I didn't see where it was coming from.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

My section (218) could see a large leak but it was on the players side of the sideline ad signs. I thought the poor Felions were going to get a shower. It really looked like perhaps some pooling that splits a seam. Fairly steady leak for 3-5 minutes and then went away for half hour. Then the leak would return, stop again. First spotted it during the pregame warmups. I had already heard about the temporary welds so I'm not surprised or worried. In fact, it still seemed like there was good airflow, almost like a draft last night. I certainly love this roof more than the old one, but thats IMO. Also heard from a Whitecaps fan (who also is a Lions ST holder) that the roof can dissappear a bit more than it did in the opener. Tucks more away into the little basket. Guess we'll see next summer cuz I can't forsee too many more days where people would want the roof open.....
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

[quote="notahomer"]My section (218) could see a large leak but it was on the players side of the sideline ad signs. I thought the poor Felions were going to get a shower. It really looked like perhaps some pooling that splits a seam. Fairly steady leak for 3-5 minutes and then went away for half hour. Then the leak would return, stop again. First spotted it during the pregame warmups. I had already heard about the temporary welds so I'm not surprised or worried. In fact, it still seemed like there was good airflow, almost like a draft last night. I certainly love this roof more than the old one, but thats IMO. Also heard from a Whitecaps fan (who also is a Lions ST holder) that the roof can dissappear a bit more than it did in the opener. Tucks more away into the little basket. Guess we'll see next summer cuz I can't forsee too many more days where people would want the roof open.....[/quote]

Nice! Free wet t-shirt contest almost lol!
ik17
Rookie

It's a brand new roof, I'm sure other ones have done the same.

Sports media keeps pumping the stadium, news media keeps finding as much negative as they can.
Jim Mullin
Team Captain

It's still a construction site until Nov. 2... There will be issues.

Several of the offices on field level are still teaming with construction crews, and when we go in there in off hours we still have to wear safety vests during tours.

Of course the news media doesn't place this in context. I'm happy to be taking a break from that racket.

Patience, people.
Krown Countdown U on CHCH TV and the TSN Radio Network.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Wakesbetterthanyou wrote:
notahomer wrote:My section (218) could see a large leak but it was on the players side of the sideline ad signs. I thought the poor Felions were going to get a shower. It really looked like perhaps some pooling that splits a seam. Fairly steady leak for 3-5 minutes and then went away for half hour. Then the leak would return, stop again. First spotted it during the pregame warmups. I had already heard about the temporary welds so I'm not surprised or worried. In fact, it still seemed like there was good airflow, almost like a draft last night. I certainly love this roof more than the old one, but thats IMO. Also heard from a Whitecaps fan (who also is a Lions ST holder) that the roof can dissappear a bit more than it did in the opener. Tucks more away into the little basket. Guess we'll see next summer cuz I can't forsee too many more days where people would want the roof open.....
Nice! Free wet t-shirt contest almost lol!
I was going to comment along those lines too (local club named #5 orange :cool: ). But, I do respect what dancers (non-exotic and exotic) do. I can't imagine how often they have to listen to those songs while practicing routines. Not only that but anyone who can dance wearing boots with the heels they have....got my respect!