Eskimos @ Lions - Vegas Odds and Comments

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Vegas has the Lions favoured by 4.5 ...

Well, the Lions could certainly blow the Eskimos out. But this is the topsy turvy CFL. Anything is possible.

One would have to expect a Lions victory however.

Oh Yeah. The opening event for the new top on B.C. Place as well. Whooo Hoooooooo

Hope it don't rain. :wink:
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

Pre-game?

Pre-pre-pre game odds and comments.....lol, WCJ, must be a slow week at practice ; )
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
notahomer
Hall of Famer

There are so many reasons why I'm looking forward to this game.

Ricky Ray is not known for his mobility (but he can/has burnt the Lions using his legs). So, will the Eskimos run effectively? Hope not. WIth pressure on Ray, don't know how the passing game goes either. Stamps is back so I'm hoping he has a quiet night.....

Of course, our offence will be fun to watch as well.

IIRC, this will be many Lions first time in the Dome. Sol E. hasn't played there yet, right? Wonder how these guys who have been on the team all of last year but still haven't played Downtown. Know its going to be cool because the Lions players/coaches are treating this like the last 'home' game. They are staying overnight in a downtown hotel! Nothing like a short road trip to play a home game.........
Rammer
Team Captain

JohnHenry wrote:
WestCoastJoe wrote:Vegas has the Lions favoured by 4.5 ...

Well, the Lions could certainly blow the Eskimos out. But this is the topsy turvy CFL. Anything is possible.

One would have to expect a Lions victory however.

Oh Yeah. The opening event for the new top on B.C. Place as well. Whooo Hoooooooo

Hope it don't rain. :wink:
4.5 pts seems pretty conservative to me. The Lions snowed the Eskimos last time 36-1 (they were in 1st place but lousy) and have just utterly humiliated the Riders 42-5 (who were on a 3-game winning streak but are now lousy) and thoroughly licked the previously awesome 1st-place Stamps (who are now lousy) in their own parks (and toyed with the Argos for two games, who are also lousy.)

It seems any team playing the Lions recently is lousy, having a terrible game and just can't seem to get it going. :wink:

It might be possible for the Esks to score 2 Td's, but not likely considering the Lions have averaged 9.4 pts against over the past 5 games. I can't see how the Esks defence can keep the Lions offence under 30 points? The Leos just have too many weapons to stop.
A 15 point spread is more like it...or something like a 33-13 Lions win. :popcorn:
Sounds like you should place some money down on that short sighted point spread, only then will I believe you actually feel the Lions are that much better. Funny how teams come back down to earth quickly in the CFL, just ask the 2005 11 - 0 Lions team. Hope the Lions are prepared for a hard nosed game.
Entertainment value = an all time low
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Never mind the spread. I'll be happy with a 1 pt. victory.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

This will be a different Eskimo team than the Lions faced last time. Fred Stamps is back, and he's the key to their offence. So are Jason Barnes, Adarius Bowman and Marcus Henry. When these teams last met, Ricky Ray was throwing to Prechae Rodriguez, Ryan Grice-Mullen, Dobson Collins and Chris Bauman.

The Lions have gone 6-1 since opening the season at 0-5. The Esks have gone 2-5 since opening at 5-0. Anything can happen but I expect the Esks to play much better than they did last time these teams met. It might come down to a missed field goal attempt on the new turf.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

West Coast Blue Fan wrote:Pre-game?

Pre-pre-pre game odds and comments.....lol, WCJ, must be a slow week at practice ; )
Hey, where you been, WCBF?

No show at practice for a long time. I've been missing a lot actually too.

This Pre Game thread stuff I've been doing this year could use a different name. Pre Game does sound like Same Day Game Day tailgate talk.

Yeah, yeah. I'll just drop the Pre Game from the thread title ...

Too much time on my hands? Probably. But, Hey, I can deal with it. Meantime, Pre Pre Pre Game Odds and Comments ... :wink:

Four new players at practice this week. Number five was without passport. No entry.

LB, WR, RB and DB. Extended roster time.
joe kapp22
Legend

Well, I'd expect we see a heavy dose of Messam in this game, it has been so long since we faced a Rb of his caliber that who knows if the defence can contain him?
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
almo89
Legend

joe kapp22 wrote:Well, I'd expect we see a heavy dose of Messam in this game, it has been so long since we faced a Rb of his caliber that who knows if the defence can contain him?
It's hard to say. During this win one and lose one run that Eskimos have been on, they haven't used Messam as much as they did during their 5-0 start. They seem to have been abandoning the run early on when they are down.
Rammer
Team Captain

JohnHenry wrote:The big test was supposed to be the 7-4 Stamps and the Lions dominated them. Last week vs the resurgent Riders, most were expecting a tough battle, but the Lions totally dismantled the Riders in their home park. That opening Lion's drive was a thing of beauty! :thup: All that has to count for something. Like the Riders, we expect the Esks to give the Lions a good game (especially with C. Bauman back)...but a good game against the Lions D might be 13 points? :wink:
Sure hope the Lions aren't this confident. I do agree that the Lions look good going into the game, but the only way they got there was by putting their nose to the grindstone and some luck, here is to that remaining the theme for this week.
Entertainment value = an all time low
pennw
Legend

Rammer wrote:
JohnHenry wrote:The big test was supposed to be the 7-4 Stamps and the Lions dominated them. Last week vs the resurgent Riders, most were expecting a tough battle, but the Lions totally dismantled the Riders in their home park. That opening Lion's drive was a thing of beauty! :thup: All that has to count for something. Like the Riders, we expect the Esks to give the Lions a good game (especially with C. Bauman back)...but a good game against the Lions D might be 13 points? :wink:
Sure hope the Lions aren't this confident. I do agree that the Lions look good going into the game, but the only way they got there was by putting their nose to the grindstone and some luck, here is to that remaining the theme for this week.
I agree , hope the Lions are taking the EE more serious than that too . It's nice to be confident , but over confidence can be bad . I don't expect them roll over and die this time around either .
joe kapp22
Legend

Well, as I think about this one:

-Grand Opening of the new stadium
-game is for first place (essentially)
-largest crowd in BC in what..a decade?
-on NFLN as well

Huge game, this one should have a lot of intensity.
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.