Lions energy drinks and BBQ sauce....

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

notahomer
Hall of Famer

Held off on posting but I'm always curious to hear what others think. I hate BEER but I was interested in hearing what Lions fans who like beer thought of Lions Lager when it appeared on the market. IIRC, it wasn't that outstanding in the feeback it got.

This year has brought about a few new items too. I haven't gotten around to trying the new Lions energy drink yet but probably will when I track it down. Probably available at 7eleven, I'm betting. Anyone else sample it yet or know where to pick up a can? Just curious.

Also, both the local newscasts were showing off bottles of the Lions new BBQ sauce on the newscast. A little late to the show, IMO. Getting the BBQ sauce to market when many are thinking about putting the grills away for the year. My dad grills all year round but many don't. Why didn't this hit the market in July? If anyone tries it out, let me know what you think of it.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

here's the info on the bbq sauce from bclions.com (sounds tasty but its $10 a bottle)

Lions launch signature barbeque sauce
Just in time for that final summer barbeque and with Thanksgiving just a few weeks away, the BC Lions Football Club has partnered with renowned local chef Ann Kirsebom to launch its own signature barbeque sauce and marinade.Made from the finest Silver Tequila, organic locally squeezed citrus, fresh garlic, tomatoes and Japanese Soy Beans, this unique BC Lions blend is made with only the finest ingredients and is handcrafted in small batches to ensure quality. Read the rest of this article at BCLions.com.
Posted: September 21, 2011
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

you can get the energy drinks at IGA and i cant remember where else right now lol but it tastes like orange pop on steriods but its really good!
btw theyre usually located in the coolers in the front of the store or in the pop/juice aisle
2012 Season Ticket Holder
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Dan_Payne_fan!! wrote:you can get the energy drinks at IGA and i cant remember where else right now lol but it tastes like orange pop on steriods but its really good!
btw theyre usually located in the coolers in the front of the store or in the pop/juice aisle
thanks....I'm going to give it a taste
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

And as per usual, they won't be available outside the GVRD, I wager ;)
Real women wear orange!!
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

notahomer wrote:
Dan_Payne_fan!! wrote:you can get the energy drinks at IGA and i cant remember where else right now lol but it tastes like orange pop on steriods but its really good!
thanks....I'm going to give it a taste
no worries :)
2012 Season Ticket Holder
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

the bbq sauce sounds tasty, but very pricey. the Lions beer was absolute cat p*ss. even worse than that pilsner stuff they drink in Rider nation.
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

I would have drank pickle brine over Bc lions lager. No joke.
ziggy
Legend

Wakesbetterthanyou wrote:I would have drank pickle brine over Bc lions lager. No joke.
No kidding the only good thing was the can. With all the micro breweries around I'd like to see them try again with a better beer.
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

You lost me at "I hate beer".
ziggy
Legend

Lions4ever wrote:You lost me at "I hate beer".
Then you probably would have really hated that Russell beer
BCLions4Ever
Rookie

I tried ROAR last year and it was kind of disgusting tasting. I tried it again this year, in the newly designed can and it tastes much better, more like Orange Crush (now there's a marketing partnership they should be working on). They apparently replaced "natural and artificial orange flavouring" with "all-natural orange flavour" Cory Manlove at the Lions said they have pallet loads of the old stuff they can't even give away. There is even a low calorie version, although I haven't seen it on the shelves.

I live up in Powell River and the regular ROAR is available at Safeway, so I presume Safeways on the Island would stock it as well.