Eastern Final, November 20, 2011 Vegas Odds and Comments

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

Can the lions do the impossible? 5 pts in loss to lions, 3 pts in loss to stamps, 1 pt in loss to smoes. So -1 pts in loss to lions?
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Wakesbetterthanyou wrote:Can the lions do the impossible? 5 pts in loss to lions, 3 pts in loss to stamps, 1 pt in loss to smoes. So -1 pts in loss to lions?
Huh? :hypno:
Real women wear orange!!
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Wakesbetterthanyou wrote:Can the lions do the impossible? 5 pts in loss to lions, 3 pts in loss to stamps, 1 pt in loss to smoes. So -1 pts in loss to lions?
:beauty: LOL

I was wondering about that, too, but I checked... turns out there's no way a team can have a negative score. Curses!
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
David
Team Captain

I wonder if Darian Durant is going to be able to play next week. Turns out they hauled him out in the 2nd half on a BROKEN FOOT(!) in an effort to get something going. Seemed like a good idea at the time....

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

Maybe the riders will sign Casey Printers
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

[quote="CatsEyes"]"Wakesbetterthanyou" wrote: Can the lions do the impossible? 5 pts in loss to lions, 3 pts in loss to stamps, 1 pt in loss to smoes. So -1 pts in loss to lions?

Huh?[/quote]

Their scoring has diminished by two points in each of the past three losses. If the trend continued then they'd have to score -1 pts in the next game
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Wakesbetterthanyou wrote:
CatsEyes wrote:"Wakesbetterthanyou" wrote: Can the lions do the impossible? 5 pts in loss to lions, 3 pts in loss to stamps, 1 pt in loss to smoes. So -1 pts in loss to lions?

Huh?
Their scoring has diminished by two points in each of the past three losses. If the trend continued then they'd have to score -1 pts in the next game
5 points against the Lions, 3 last week and a rouge this week.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Yes, we get to see a rare Sunday start for the Lions. I am obviously not cheering for Riders here but its looking like his losing start in the Grey Cup might be the apex of Dinwiddies career. This western division is sure crammed heading down the stretch and its nice to see the eastern one is just waiting for the playoffs to start either. Their division battles (if any) usually involve whose going to finish in second behind Montreal.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

jcalhoun wrote:The trade deadline is coming up, isn't it? I can see the Riders shifting some older personnel to other teams so they can bring in and evaluate some new players and hopefully get something out of the Clermont's on their roster.
Wednesday is the trade deadline. I don't know if the Rider braintrust is capable of thinking long-term and I don't thnk they have many assets that would interest other teams. I can't see anyone being interested in Clermont.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Jock Climie and Chris Schultz were speculating that Dinwiddie was finished in the CFL. I can't see the Riders releasing him, now that Durant's injury is revealed as a broken foot.

It looks to me like the productive influence of Kent Austin and Eric Tillman is finished in Regina. Greg Marshall and Doug Berry not looking so bad now. Ken Miller not looking so astute now. Darian Durant now looking like a problem, health-wise, and politicking-wise (power broking). Brendan Taman looking about the same as he looked with the Bombers, ineffectual.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Never was impressed with Dinwiddie. His performance yesterday only confirmed that.
Rammer
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:Never was impressed with Dinwiddie. His performance yesterday only confirmed that.
I will be impressed if he can manage to start the next game though, I am all for that happening. :roar:
Entertainment value = an all time low
ziggy
Legend

Here's hoping our guys don't take the next game against the Riders as a gimme.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Vegas odds ...

I will take Calgary, Edmonton, Montreal and B.C. Going with the odds.