Grey Cup Tickets|

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

ziggy
Legend

I just got confirmation that the tickets I ordered immediately at the end of last years Grey Cup have been assigned. I got two in section 426 row JJ which I believe is dead centre endzone upper bowl (can't even read the attached seating chart with a magnifying glass). At any rate I'm surprised that getting in right at the opening and laying out a $100 deposit, for essentially a year, only managed to snag cheap undesireable seats for a not so cheap $342 total. I guess if the demand was so strong that's the best they can do, maybe I'll ask for my deposit back and they can keep the seats. Surely the club will have no problem reselling them, must be a huge waiting list if everything decent went that fast. I rather chance picking up better ones from a scalper on the day of the game, can't get worse and I'll know who's playing. To say I'm Po'd is an understatement!
Anglophone
All Star

Well, that's sure disappointing. Good luck picking up better seats!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Are these additional seats or your regular season ticket ?
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I bought five additional seats a month or two ago before they went on sale to the public. They're 21 rows behind my regular seats. Nothing closer was available. If you don't have a big group, you might do better to pick something up on game day. With a big group, it's tougher.
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

My Grey Cup tickets also suck. I told the Lions office that as well. In fact they didn't do anything I asked them to do and messed up all of my tickets.
ziggy
Legend

Blue In BC wrote:My Grey Cup tickets also suck. I told the Lions office that as well. In fact they didn't do anything I asked them to do and messed up all of my tickets.
That's how I feel, B I BC, what was the point in providing all the info and a deposit the moment they stated taking reservations last November? We went online as soon as the site was active (last Grey Cup evening) laid out $100 deposit and this was the best available? Sorry I don't buy it, how is it possible that so many seats were sold prior to out allocation, is the game sold out? If so good on them and I can accept that I was lucky to get anything. I just don't believe that this was a first come first serve scenario and I'm choked because of that!
.G.
All Star

Do we know for sure if the row numbering system is the same in the upper level at new bc place? It used to be A-E, AA-ect.

Maybe now it starts at AA? Your seats wouldnt be so bad in that case.
MABEY!
ziggy
Legend

Hard to tell, .G. the attached seating chart is the size of a postage stamp, blurry and can't be read even with a magnifying glass.
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

You can go on the Lions website and enlarge the stadium seating chart. While I tried to upgrade my tickets from last year to the next price level, I actually got moved to worse seats.
ik17
Rookie

Even if you put a deposit down last year you would still be allocated after season ticket holders.

I'm sure that most season ticket holders added on multiple seats meaning it filled up quickly... I know I bought the maximum amount of adiditonals allowed for family/friends.
ziggy
Legend

ik17 wrote:Even if you put a deposit down last year you would still be allocated after season ticket holders.

I'm sure that most season ticket holders added on multiple seats meaning it filled up quickly... I know I bought the maximum amount of adiditonals allowed for family/friends.
Cool, I hope they fill the seats througout the regular season as well.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

It can be surprising how fast seats disappear after ST holders get theirs plus additional seats. For 2009 in Calgary I was in on the deal to put a deposit down right after GC 2008. I wound up with a pair in Section A which is the last section in the southwest corner of the endzone. Only thing worse than that would've been in the temporary seating in the north endzone. Although Section A did give me a purrfect view from behind Duval as his kick sailed wide right into the backdrop of orange hankies flying in the air for too many men on the field. :wink:

With the Lions for this year ST holders were allowed a total of 12 GC tickets per account. As a purchaser of a single ST I was allowed to acquire 4 additional GC tickets at regular prices at the time of purchasing my own. Friends from the north Island took advantage of that and landed 4 seats in 234. That took care of 5 of the 12. After my ST, GC and 4 extra GC tickets had been allocated I was offered an opportunity to purchase the additional 7 tickets, to bring me up to the max of 12 per account, before the balance went on sale to the general public June 21. These were done on a first come first serve basis. I don't know if those who had ponied up for the pre-sale offered last December were allocated before this final ST holder opportunity or not but I'd like to think so. I put the offer out to a few friends and a buddy in PG picked up 4 in section 206. So a total of 9 GC tickets were bought off 1 ST account before the general public sale starts June 21. Hypothetically if there are 15000 season tickets and only half of them take advantage of their ST rights to add one pair of extra GC seats 30000 seats (equivalent of the lower bowl being sold out) could be gone before the pre-sales get allocated. That's of course assuming all ST holders would exercise their GC option to buy their own seats.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
David
Team Captain

I've heard they've sold about 33,000 tickets for Grey Cup. Given that the seating capacity at BC Place will be less (wider seats, cup holders, more luxury suites etc), they only have to sell about 20,000 seats for a complete sell-out. I'll be shocked if there are any seats left after Labour Day.

DH
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

David wrote:I've heard they've sold about 33,000 tickets for Grey Cup. Given that the seating capacity at BC Place will be less (wider seats, cup holders, more luxury suites etc), they only have to sell about 20,000 seats for a complete sell-out. I'll be shocked if there are any seats left after Labour Day.

DH
According to the GC ticket seating map all lower bowl seats between the goal lines (red and club sections) are sold out to season ticket holders.

http://bclions.com/page/2011greycup_tickets
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
MikeAK
All Star

I ordered my GC tickets today and, from what Lisa at the BC Lions office told me, it looks like the entire lower bowl is sold out or reserved. There will probably be the odd cpl that pop up due to cancellations but it looks like it's just the upper bowl for those who are waiting for June 21st. Tickets are going real fast and I would be shocked if they weren't all sold out by the end of June, especially once they go on sale for the general public.

My tickets aren't the greatest and definitely more expensive then I wanted to pay considering the location but all in all I'm happy because come Nov 27th I will be there. Now let's just hope the Leos are as well.