Introduce yourselves

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Reginaldo
prospect

Long time Rider fan and season ticket holder who moved to BC a few decades ago and was Lion season ticket holder at Empire. Go to a couple of games per year now....married, retired and avid CFL fan....my allegiance is Lions first and always followed by riders so long as they aren't doing anything that could hurt my Lions!
David
Team Captain

Reginaldo wrote:Long time Rider fan and season ticket holder who moved to BC a few decades ago and was Lion season ticket holder at Empire. Go to a couple of games per year now....married, retired and avid CFL fan....my allegiance is Lions first and always followed by riders so long as they aren't doing anything that could hurt my Lions!
Welcome! Always great to have new posters join us and read their take on things. I hope you will regularly contribute.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

BCLionsMistress wrote:Hello All...

I am BCLionsMistress...

I hope to get to chat with you all & make some friends here...

Feel free to contact me here...

GO LIONS!
1 post. Your bf must have been one of the early cuts...
jrower
Rookie

My name is Josh. Lions fan for a number of years now. I am from Victoria and have travelled over for a few games. Unfortunately I can only afford a game, maybe two in a year. I am a UVic student. So timing and cost play a big factor. The ferry is a tough thing to deal with.

I inherited my love of the Lions from my Grandparents. They were Lions season ticket holders for over two decades. My uncle and his family also have season tickets. Other relatives go to many games as well. It has been a real bonding point for me with my extended family. Unfortunately my Grandmother died a few years ago. My Grandfather passed away just over one year ago. I was hoping the Lions would have a good season that year, but that dream fell apart quickly. My Grandfather's jersey that he wore for years hangs proudly in my family's home. My Lions flag hangs in my room. I wear my jersey every game day. I also have Lions stickers on my van, inherited from my Grandfather. A Lions umbrella, and one of my most prized Lions items. A Lions travel mug that was my Grandfather's. He used it every game. There is a spot in it that is faded out where he always had his thumb. It is permanently stained inside from the tea he drank. I love the Lions. The CFL is my favorite pro sport to watch. I will be a Lions fan for life. Not just because they are a great team in a great sport, but because of the memories and the importance it holds for me with my family.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

jrower wrote:My name is Josh. Lions fan for a number of years now. I am from Victoria and have travelled over for a few games. Unfortunately I can only afford a game, maybe two in a year. I am a UVic student. So timing and cost play a big factor. The ferry is a tough thing to deal with.

I inherited my love of the Lions from my Grandparents. They were Lions season ticket holders for over two decades. My uncle and his family also have season tickets. Other relatives go to many games as well. It has been a real bonding point for me with my extended family. Unfortunately my Grandmother died a few years ago. My Grandfather passed away just over one year ago. I was hoping the Lions would have a good season that year, but that dream fell apart quickly. My Grandfather's jersey that he wore for years hangs proudly in my family's home. My Lions flag hangs in my room. I wear my jersey every game day. I also have Lions stickers on my van, inherited from my Grandfather. A Lions umbrella, and one of my most prized Lions items. A Lions travel mug that was my Grandfather's. He used it every game. There is a spot in it that is faded out where he always had his thumb. It is permanently stained inside from the tea he drank. I love the Lions. The CFL is my favorite pro sport to watch. I will be a Lions fan for life. Not just because they are a great team in a great sport, but because of the memories and the importance it holds for me with my family.
Welcome, Josh. You're maintaining a great family tradition. I got my first season tickets with my father a few years before he died. I've since taken all my kids to games and hope to take one of my granddaughters to her first game this year.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

jrower wrote:My name is Josh. Lions fan for a number of years now. I am from Victoria and have travelled over for a few games. Unfortunately I can only afford a game, maybe two in a year. I am a UVic student. So timing and cost play a big factor. The ferry is a tough thing to deal with.

I will be a Lions fan for life. Not just because they are a great team in a great sport, but because of the memories and the importance it holds for me with my family.
Welcome. I enjoyed hearing your story. :thup:
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Great to have you on board, Josh! Great to see another fan from the colonies, lol. Your story goes a long way in showing that there are real, passionate fans everywhere :) Glad you made the jump over from Twitter ;)
Real women wear orange!!
GoLions
prospect

Hey fellow Lions fans, I'm 18 and I've been living in North Van for most of my life. I've loved the Lions ever since I was a little kid, and I can't wait to get back into BC Place. My interests include watching, coaching, and playing Football... Also Hockey I guess, but the lock out kinda turned me off of it.
Rammer
Team Captain

GoLions wrote:Hey fellow Lions fans, I'm 18 and I've been living in North Van for most of my life. I've loved the Lions ever since I was a little kid, and I can't wait to get back into BC Place. My interests include watching, coaching, and playing Football... Also Hockey I guess, but the lock out kinda turned me off of it.
Welcome aboard GL, nice to see the younger Lion fans add to this forum.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Kris75
prospect

My name is Kris. I was a Leos season ticket holder for over 8 years, but due to working on Friday and Saturday nights over the last 2 years, I have not been able to catch all the games.

Go Lions!!!!!
mws
Starter

Hi Folks. I registered with the Lionbackers many years ago. I just never got around to introducing myself. I visit here often to get the news on my beloved Leos and the views from those knowledgeable folks that hang around on this site. I really enjoy and appreciate your opinions.

I go by the moniker mws. I grew up at Empire watching Willie & Joe from the seats of the Quarterback Club. I used to catch the bus from Woodward's in New West with my dad who had season's tickets on the 35. He sent me to the cheap seats!

Moved to Toronto in '84 to workshop at Second City. Ended up doing voices for cartoon shows such as The Mario Brothers, Beetlejuice, Rupert Bear, etc. I've founded a children's charity called Making Faces. Please feel free to visit us at http://www.makingfaces.ca. So, I stay pretty busy, but keep promising myself to move back home. When I do, seasons tickets for sure!!

Have never lost the love for The Lions...even during seasons like this one! I was stoked to be able to see a game at good old, new Empire just a few weeks ago. It felt like home again, seeing the Lions mountain peaks in the distance and the tip of the old roller-coaster. Geez...I might start crying!

Anyhoo, great to be a Lionbacker!

Best wishes,

mike
Bosco
Team Captain

Welcome aboard, mws - now you can give some some insight on David Braley's not so talented / "other" team. :roar:
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Welcome, mws. It's seasons like this one that test the patience of Lions' fans. I had season tickets on the 32-yard-line in the '60s but I prefer now to sit in the end zone and get a good player's-eye view of the field. With today's ticket prices and security concerns, I don't think we'll see anything like the Quarterback Club again.
KRZKAZ
prospect

live in Regina, SK where Green is everywhere.......except my lady and I and 2 other close friends are HUGE orange and black fans. The home games here when BC visits, look for the crazy orange and black in the stands.....dangerous but fun.
274always
All Star

All right I'll do this again.

I live in Montreal. My first Grey Cup game was in 2000 freezing among a sea of BC Lions fans watching Lu play his final game. As an als fan it was heartbreak but looking back it was a great moment in cfl history and I was proud to have been a part of it. :cheer:

Our teams don't play until the last week of the regular season so I can cheer for you guys in the meantime. The Braley Bowl is next on the menu. Back to back arrrrrrrgooooos. :shock:

My dad and I are coming to Vancouver for the Grey Cup. I told him not to worry, football fans are more civilized than hockey fans (right?) so there shouldn't be any riots outside and the new stadium experience should be awesooome. :yahoo:

My favorite Felion is Hailey. :roar: Her uncle Donnie died from Lou Gehrig's disease and she has been supporting the cause ever since. I've been interested in the condition since 2007 when Tony Proudfoot had it. He wore number 27 in BC from 80-82 which is why i chose 27 for proudfoot and 4 for gehrig. they went through the exact same thing and are now together 4 always. I believe thanks to him we will find answers on ALS very soon. :good:

Larry Uteck was a former teammate, roommate and friend of Tony's and died from the same disease in 2002. I don't know what Larry's number was in BC. If anyone knows I'd appreciate it. :cr:

Vancouver rocks! :beauty: Been there twice. My first Lions game was in 2008 a close win over the als. :beer:
Grey Cup 103. Graduation day.