Finally a decent commercial

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

LFITQ
Team Captain

Just watched a Futureshop commercial that is talking about the All star Balloting that Futureshop is sponsoring this year.

What I really liked about the commercial is that they used actual players. Kerry Joseph and Jesse Lumsden were in this one.

It's about time commercials were made showing actual players and not nameless actors in a team jersey and helmet. The CFL has stars, use them if you are trying to appeal to a CFL fan!

Hats off to Futureshop for realizing this - finally!!
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
joesports
All Star

Just saw this commercial and thought the same thing--it's about time we had some players in the ads!

It was pretty funny, too. :thup:
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Yup we saw this too, and thought exactly the same thing! Yay CFL! :beauty:
Real women wear orange!!
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I'm sure they'll play it again during the Lions game, I laughed the one time I saw it. THey've done their job if you are looking forward to catching an AD again, IMO.
MacNews
Team Captain

I agree, the RBK commercials from a couple years back were good also.

I don't want to crash this thread, but just want to add I think the Coke Zero ads are off-the-hook.

[youtube][/youtube]
cromartie
Hall of Famer

While we're on the topic of commercials, am I the only one that thinks the Wilson's Whiskey commercial would be funnier if the guy tackles the female croquet player rather than the male one?
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

cromartie wrote:While we're on the topic of commercials, am I the only one that thinks the Wilson's Whiskey commercial would be funnier if the guy tackles the female croquet player rather than the male one?
most companies aren't going to approve of an ad featuring violence towards women.....not very pc....you start to wanna punch joseph in that commercial tho....
Check out my lions art http://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtop ... =4&t=15940

How does a rider fan spell dynasty????

O N E
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Future shop does have some funny commercials sometimes. The second time the KJ & JL came on I called my gf in from the kitchen to watch it.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

In a similar vein, I did a double take as I was driving today-I saw a Reebok "This is Our League" bus shelter ad. Definitely caught my eye. Hopefully the sign of more to come!
Real women wear orange!!
Vern Halen
Champion

Wakesbetterthanyou wrote:
cromartie wrote:While we're on the topic of commercials, am I the only one that thinks the Wilson's Whiskey commercial would be funnier if the guy tackles the female croquet player rather than the male one?
most companies aren't going to approve of an ad featuring violence towards women.....not very pc....you start to wanna punch joseph in that commercial tho....
I had to laugh though - they showed that commercial where Joseph says "How many interceptions did I throw last week?" and holds up his hand to show 0 not that long after he threw his third pick tonight...
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

The way the season is unfolding for Joseph and Lumsden that commercial is looking like the CFL's version of being the cover person for Madden Football.......a kiss of death.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.