What Would You Rather See Tonight?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

A close loss but the Lions playing solid smart football;

or a sloppy win ????
Dan
Rookie

A wins a win, with their record I don't care how sloppy it is.
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

By hook or by crook....it doesn't matter.

Just win baby
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
Bosco
Team Captain

I believe Wally said in 2005 - nothing good can come from a loss.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Interesting. Personally I think it is all about process. If they play awesome but lose I see light at the end of the tunnel. If they play sloppy but win we have the same types of discussion next week as we have been having this one.

Perhaps the reality is that if they play great, with their talent, they should win.
Rammer
Team Captain

Lion Guy wrote:Interesting. Personally I think it is all about process. If they play awesome but lose I see light at the end of the tunnel. If they play sloppy but win we have the same types of discussion next week as we have been having this one.

Perhaps the reality is that if they play great, with their talent, they should win.
I am not sure that what our discussions end up to be are the real concern.

This topic should almost be made into a poll on the type of game we expect from the Lions. Poor performance/loss, good performance/win, poor performance/win, or a good performance/win. I can't accept a poor performance at this stage of the game, there is just too much talent on this team to accept anything but a solid performance especially given our current record and the implications of not giving your best out on the field tonight.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:
Lion Guy wrote:Interesting. Personally I think it is all about process. If they play awesome but lose I see light at the end of the tunnel. If they play sloppy but win we have the same types of discussion next week as we have been having this one.

I am not sure that what our discussions end up to be are the real concern.

This topic should almost be made into a poll on the type of game we expect from the Lions. Poor performance/loss, good performance/win, poor performance/win, or a good performance/win. I can't accept a poor performance at this stage of the game, there is just too much talent on this team to accept anything but a solid performance especially given our current record and the implications of not giving your best out on the field tonight.
What I meant was if we are discussing the same things next week then we have the same problems.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Remember when the Lions defence actually confused and surprised the opposing quarterback by showing so many different looks?
The only time that has come close to happening this season was against a struggling Kevin Glenn.
Can Benevides add some wrinkles to his game plan to do just that? I don't know but I sure would love to see it tonight.

Until the Lions defence even comes close to its old form it's going to be hard to by anything more than a .500 team.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Bosco wrote:I believe Wally said in 2005 - nothing good can come from a loss.
Wally couldn’t be more wrong on this!

Great good things should be recognized by the coaching staff as to where they are coming up short. A loss should be a wake up call that your organization has many holes to fill, that they should be paying attention to…

Where the team that just beat you exploited your vulnerabilities, your tendencies, and to address those concerns accordingly after exposing them in the game film.

A loss should be like a weather vane as to how you should adjust your scheming for the next game, the next team, the same way a projected game plan should be adjusted at half time.

Something that has been lost on the Leos coaching staff this season.
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
Rammer
Team Captain

SammyGreene wrote:Remember when the Lions defence actually confused and surprised the opposing quarterback by showing so many different looks?
The only time that has come close to happening this season was against a struggling Kevin Glenn.
Can Benevides add some wrinkles to his game plan to do just that? I don't know but I sure would love to see it tonight.

Until the Lions defence even comes close to its old form it's going to be hard to by anything more than a .500 team.
You would think that Dave Ritchie would be a mere phone call away, I am puzzled that we haven't even heard a peep about that, as yet.
Rammer
Team Captain

SammyGreene wrote:Remember when the Lions defence actually confused and surprised the opposing quarterback by showing so many different looks?

Just read LU's blog and found this interesting....
As for the Lions... it appears there will be an adjustment against Montreal to some of their defensive packages and yes, that includes their linebackers, not that we're passing this along to touch off another firestorm debate.
Maybe that call was made afterall.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

just win baby
2012 Season Ticket Holder
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

IMO in oder to win the Lions need a return of the shut down D. Difficult to do the way AC and Avon Colbourne are playing. In a lot of the Lions wins last year the D gave the O a short field.