BC/Sask football double-header!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Soundy
Hall of Famer

Amazed no-one has mentioned this yet (at least not that I've seen):
It's Super Football Saturday! Come check out the FIRST EVER CIS-CFL double header to be featured at BC Place.
Saturday September 13th
12pm - Watch the Simon Fraser University Clan take on the Saskatchewan Huskies

7pm - Cheer on your BC Lions as they tangle with the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

See both games for one low price!

Double Header Combo Pricing:
BRONZE <> $30*
UPPER GOLD <> $42*
*Service charges may apply. Based on availability.
And for the STHs:
It will be an unprecedented provincial rivalry of the football variety as British Columbia and Saskatchewan collide in a gridiron double header on Super Football Saturday set for September 13th at BC Place!

The resurgent Simon Fraser University Clan take on the Saskatchewan Huskies at noon followed by the BC Lions tangling with the Saskatchewan Roughriders at 7:00 pm!

The event will mark the first CIS-CFL double header in the 25-year history of BC Place.

As a Lions season ticket holder, you can purchase tickets to the SFU game for $10.00 (regular price $15.00). You can receive the discounted rate by showing your season ticket at the gate or by contacting me at 604.930.5481 or by e-mail to nneumann@bclions.com

On Saturday, September 13th, show your support for Canada's young football stars as the Clan and the Huskies kick off at 12:00 noon followed by thrilling CFL action as the Lions take on the Roughriders at 7:00 pm under the dome!

See you at the stadium!

Regards,
Natalie Neumann
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Neat idea but I'm just going to go to the nightcap.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

It is a neat idea but I don't like the four-hour gap between the end of the CIS game and the start of the CFL game. If thousands of people in various team colours take in the early game and then spend the intervening time in drinking in a local establishment, the nightcap (no pun intended) could get ugly.
David
Team Captain

David wrote:
B.C.FAN wrote:It is a neat idea but I don't like the four-hour gap between the end of the CIS game and the start of the CFL game. If thousands of people in various team colours take in the early game and then spend the intervening time in drinking in a local establishment, the nightcap (no pun intended) could get ugly.
Without wanting to come across as too much of a pessimist, I'll be surprised if there will be any more than about 1,500 people in the dome for the SFU/Huskie game. As it currently stands, SFU typically play in front of family and friends. Are they suddenly going to see a huge attendance spike inside a non-refurbished dome in the middle of the afternoon in the month of September (which, historically, is a very nice month weather-wise) with upwards of 4 hours to wait for the Lions/Riders tilt?

I'm a football nut, so I will likely catch the double-header as a show of support to the CIS/CFL partnership, but I wonder how many other ticket holders for that game will do likewise? Better to try and schedule the annual October Shrum Bowl as a doubleheader at B.C. Place, but start it at say, 2:30pm.

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I think a double header featuring the Shrum Bowl between UBC vs. SFU would be a more attractive draw.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

The three hour wait between games is stupid. I am coming over from the Island (bought the tickets months ago so the ticket combo pack discount is not available) and would need to catch a 7am ferry to make it to the noon game. Instead I'll catch a 1pm or 3pm ferry and just go to the Lions game.

IMO there was not enough advance notice of this "not quite double header" as most Lions/Riders games the good seats sell out almost as soon as they go on sale. So like me, I think a lot of the Riders fans (my gf is originally from Regina) made plans and got their tickets a long time ago. A college game in conjunction with a CFL game is a good idea, but I think they dropped the ball (pun intended) on marketing this one.
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

DanoT wrote:The three hour wait between games is stupid. I am coming over from the Island (bought the tickets months ago so the ticket combo pack discount is not available) and would need to catch a 7am ferry to make it to the noon game. Instead I'll catch a 1pm or 3pm ferry and just go to the Lions game.

IMO there was not enough advance notice of this "not quite double header" as most Lions/Riders games the good seats sell out almost as soon as they go on sale. So like me, I think a lot of the Riders fans (my gf is originally from Regina) made plans and got their tickets a long time ago. A college game in conjunction with a CFL game is a good idea, but I think they dropped the ball (pun intended) on marketing this one.
agreed, tho i wouldnt wanna go blow a bunch of cash on booze....unlike the rest of bc place ive never had a beer or a cooler under the dome. Plus i doubt id even wanna watch the sfu uofs game.....dont kno any of the players and id get bored really fast.
Check out my lions art http://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtop ... =4&t=15940

How does a rider fan spell dynasty????

O N E