Monday, Team 1040 - avec Geroy co-hosting

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

McLetchie
Rookie

Your 1040 sked for Monday:

Rick Ball Show

Wally Buono..2:10

Pratt & Taylor w/Geroy Simon co-hosting
Jason Clermont...3:20
Open phones for "Ask Geroy"
Pratt learns the "Superman pose" at 5:00

Seahawks - Chargers..joined in progress at 6:00

Blake Price Show

Jason Jimenez..8:30
Last edited by McLetchie on Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

McLetchie wrote:Your 1040 sked for Monday:

Rick Ball Show

Blake Price Show

TBD
It's 2:20pm...where's Wally???? Perhaps re-painting the walls at the practice site? I imagime he took some paint off them recently.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Lion Guy wrote:

Rick Ball Show

Blake Price Show

TBD
It's 2:20pm...where's Wally???? Perhaps re-painting the walls at the practice site? I imagime he took some paint off them recently.
In short....

• Buck took all the first team reps today at practice and starts Friday

• Wally is confident team will bounce back with a big effort Friday — translated means no drastic or even shake-ups to the roster for this week at least. True enough this is the same group of players that won 14 games a year ago but also the same group he challenged after laying an egg at Commonwealth. And here we are 3 weeks later asking for another "rebound" performance. Troubling to say the least.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

SammyGreene wrote:
Lion Guy wrote:

Rick Ball Show

Blake Price Show

TBD
In short....

• Buck took all the first team reps today at practice and starts Friday :beer: :rockin: :beauty:

• Wally is confident team will bounce back with a big effort Friday — translated means no drastic or even shake-ups to the roster for this week at least. True enough this is the same group of players that won 14 games a year ago but also the same group he challenged after laying an egg at Commonwealth. And here we are 3 weeks later asking for another "rebound" performance. Troubling to say the least.
Well, I guess what else is he going to say? Hope they respond or it might get ugly.
No Ka Oi
Starter

Buono lets diagram board have it

Wire Services
Published: Sunday, August 24, 2008

Wally Buono will invariably fine Geroy Simon for his dead-ball roughing penalty that cost the Lions at least three points. Will he fine himself for destroying company property? So ticked with his team's play at halftime, Buono drove his fist through a grease board used to diagram plays. "Some things are best left unsaid," Buono said.
Maybe not the paint, but the grease board took a beating! 8)
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

I'd like to see a guy like Geroy get a media gig after or before football ends for him just to keep him in BC where I think he lives in the off season.

As far as tons of roster changes, let me ask a question? Of the coaches with the top winning records in the CFL name ONE that has ever been a coach that air lifts players and makes large numbers of roster changes mid season. The HCs that do that always lose their jobs as that is no way to build an organization and definitely not a football team.

He has to say to his team - you guys are better than this. You guys created the mess now get out there and fix it.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

While the player roster is very similar to last year, the biggest difference this year is the coaching staff. Last year Special Teams and that Dave Ritchie Defense consistently gave the O a short field. I think the coaching needs to improve and unfortunately this Friday they are going against one of the best coached teams in the CFL..
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

Apparently Geroy wasnt adequetly prepared for his gig on 1040 which is why bates took the second day
Check out my lions art http://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtop ... =4&t=15940

How does a rider fan spell dynasty????

O N E
Rammer
Team Captain

Wakesbetterthanyou wrote:Apparently Geroy wasnt adequetly prepared for his gig on 1040 which is why bates took the second day
I did listen to some of it, he wasn't very comfortable on air, and I have always liked Bates and Reid for their quick wit. Lucky for Geroy, you can listen to the entire segment in their archives.

Funniest part was with Clermont on and his comment that Pratt is going to wear out his voice doing all the talking for Geroy, how true that was.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

Rammer wrote:
Wakesbetterthanyou wrote:Apparently Geroy wasnt adequetly prepared for his gig on 1040 which is why bates took the second day
I did listen to some of it, he wasn't very comfortable on air, and I have always liked Bates and Reid for their quick wit. Lucky for Geroy, you can listen to the entire segment in their archives.

Funniest part was with Clermont on and his comment that Pratt is going to wear out his voice doing all the talking for Geroy, how true that was.
yea, that timeout with angus reid is pretty funny, "I've got no game" he says (when dealing with the ladies)
Check out my lions art http://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtop ... =4&t=15940

How does a rider fan spell dynasty????

O N E