Bring back Casey Printers before we lose the season

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

firstdown45

Please don't lock this thread. I think Casey Printers should be back here before we miss the playoffs or worse still have the embarrassment of finishing FOURTH (which we have a solid lock on now) and crossing over to the East and losing to Toronto inside a half-empty SkyDome in the East Semi Final.

If you agree that Casey Printers should be contacted, fine, but if you disagree, suggest how somehow you figure having two less-than-stellar QBs on this team in Buck and Jarious is somehow going to get us anywhere meaningful, considering Michael Bishop is no longer available.

I guess you figure the Lions crossing over to The East and losing to Toronto in a half-empty SkyDome in the East Semi Final is an appropriate end to a season where we lost Bobby Ackles?
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

:sigh:
Real women wear orange!!
Bobbyp
Champion

I always said they shouldnt bring him back... but after last night...
Some mispelling may or may not occur as well as using a word incorrectly in my posts
READER CAUTION IS STRICTLY ADVISED
kamfan
Starter

He is not the same quarterback that he was when he was here, and this is not the same team. There is absolutely no way to say that he would do better than Buck, or Jurius.

What you are suggesting is just idle speculation, and as other posters have elluded too, a chicken little attitude.

:bang:
Soundy
Hall of Famer

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

You do realize that Casey Printers is under contract to the Hamilton TigerCats, and that contacting him or his agent is called "tampering", right? There are penalties for that.

As for handling the two "less than stellar" quarterbacks, may I ask how many starts we've seen Buck Pierce make this season? How many quarters of football has he played?

Last game he was 8 of 13 for 103, one TD and one INT, in a little over a quarter and a half. Buck played a little versus Edmonton as well, and part of the first quarter of the first game in Calgary.

So...should we give up on Pierce (and Jackson), tamper with a player under contract who in 2005 turned down Wally's offer of a million dollars over 3 years, (and at the same time sending Dave Dickenson packing) who has proven that he can't play in the CFL as a starter at this moment, and who also happens to divide locker rooms? (Ken Peters of the Hamilton Spec says that the TiCat locker room is divided on Printers; half detest him, the other half merely dislike him; hilarious.)
Bobbyp
Champion

The Riders have too may QBs now and they cant keep them all maybe one of them?
Something should be done, the current situation isnt very good. Throw Champion in for a few plays or something.
The play calling and choice where the ball gets thrown to or who its thrown to isnt very good. I can only see what is on tv so Im not sure whos at fault.
Some mispelling may or may not occur as well as using a word incorrectly in my posts
Bobbyp
Champion

Solar Max wrote:You do realize that Casey Printers is under contract to the Hamilton TigerCats, and that contacting him or his agent is called "tampering", right? There are penalties for that.

As for handling the two "less than stellar" quarterbacks, may I ask how many starts we've seen Buck Pierce make this season? How many quarters of football has he played?

Last game he was 8 of 13 for 103, one TD and one INT, in a little over a quarter and a half. Buck played a little versus Edmonton as well, and part of the first quarter of the first game in Calgary.

So...should we give up on Pierce (and Jackson), tamper with a player under contract who in 2005 turned down Wally's offer of a million dollars over 3 years, (and at the same time sending Dave Dickenson packing) who has proven that he can't play in the CFL as a starter at this moment, and who also happens to divide locker rooms? (Ken Peters of the Hamilton Spec says that the TiCat locker room is divided on Printers; half detest him, the other half merely dislike him; hilarious.)
You know what a trade is right?
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Bobbyp wrote:You know what a trade is right?
That also would require us to have someone Hamilton is interested in. Who might that be? (First one that says "Joe Smith" gets a boot in the arse).
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Bobbyp wrote:
Solar Max wrote:You do realize that Casey Printers is under contract to the Hamilton TigerCats, and that contacting him or his agent is called "tampering", right? There are penalties for that.

You know what a trade is right?
Who would you suggest that the Lions trade for him? Bearing in mind that the GM in Hamilton has some familiarity with the Lions roster?

Then there are SMS issues involving Casey's $460,000 contract; have you brought that into your trade thoughts?
Ravi
Legend

firstdown45 wrote:Please don't lock this thread. I think Casey Printers should be back here before we miss the playoffs or worse still have the embarrassment of finishing FOURTH (which we have a solid lock on now) and crossing over to the East and losing to Toronto inside a half-empty SkyDome in the East Semi Final.

If you agree that Casey Printers should be contacted, fine, but if you disagree, suggest how somehow you figure having two less-than-stellar QBs on this team in Buck and Jarious is somehow going to get us anywhere meaningful, considering Michael Bishop is no longer available.

I guess you figure the Lions crossing over to The East and losing to Toronto in a half-empty SkyDome in the East Semi Final is an appropriate end to a season where we lost Bobby Ackles?
What is this reference to a "half-empty SkyDome"? You do realize that the Argos draw about 30k per game which is only about 2k-3k less than the Lions do, don't you?
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

I think Casey Printers should be back here before we miss the playoffs
How is that working out for the ticats???
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

please lock it. wasnt this thread locked already??
2012 Season Ticket Holder
firstdown45

No this thread is not going to be locked, cause the Lions are in big trouble at QB, and Casey now has to be looked at.

At the start of the season I could understand the feeling to forget about him.

But now? No, Casey must be looked at, and seriously.

Did you see what happened last night? That was not pretty, and it is not acceptable.

By contacting Printers, I meant contacting the Ti Cats about a trade.

So Jarious is injured, and if Buck goes down again which I have no doubt will happen, what do you suggest we do then?

Keep waiting for something magical to happen? It doesn't work that way in football.

You don't have QBing in this league, you're a dead duck.
Rammer
Team Captain

Why do we continually have the same posters responding to FD45 and his ridiculous pursuit of CP. He must derive great satisfaction drawing out the inevitable derogatory remarks regarding this outlandish request after every subpar performance by the Lions.

Ignore it and it won't happen anymore.
Entertainment value = an all time low