Lions playbook stolen in break-in

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

No, I'm not kidding.

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news ... 72c67a22aa

This is the line that gets me:
"There was no backup," Lions head coach Wally Buono said Wednesday. "The next time there will be."
Ok, WHO doesn't back up stuff like that? :shock:

I wonder if the suspect was wearing something like this:

Real women wear orange!!
Rammer
Team Captain

Way to go Blitz, the Lions will have to reinvent themselves now. :tease:

IIRC, doesn't Chapdelaine put all the plays to memory? They should be able to get up to speed sooner if that is the case.
Entertainment value = an all time low
bclions16
Champion

This is just crazy. I'm not a Chapdelaine hater, but I'm actually not a huge fan either (yes there are shades of grey). But after this incident, I've lost some respect for his professionalism. I do sympathize with the trauma of having one's home violated.

Yes, data loss can happen to anyone, whether its stolen, corrupted, or a hardware failure. I've lost data before. But when I'm holding info in my possession, that I'm being paid to create, maintain or keep safe, there is a back up. I might lose a day or two, but thats it. Should be pretty simple stuff. All the data would have even fit on a flash drive.

Yikes.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

LOL!!!!

He'll get the computer back right after Blitz edits the playbook!!!!

Note to Chap - I'm already having a hard time sticking up for you here; stunts like this don't help my cause. I just got Lionbackers to forget the dropped ball in the GC!! That's 2 drops.......one more and I'll lobby to get Mohns back.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Very unpro to have no back up! Guess they will have to run a very limited number of different plays and formations... wait they already do that so I guess its business as usual.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Or maybe they're just SAYING there's no backup, to throw Blitz off... ;)
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
pennw
Legend

Or maybe it was a fake to throw off the Stamps :beer: , what a plan .
Or if not , maybe this will be the Chaps time shine and demonstrate a brilliant recovery and re-write it in one day.
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

I'm not prepared to be glib about this. This theft, and I am well aware that these are all too common, is an insidious and disturbing element of our society. I feel badly for Jacques and his family. It's creepy - and a damn shame. It would be nice to think the police will find the piece of s**t who did this, but it's depressingly unlikely.
pennw
Legend

Lions4ever wrote:I'm not prepared to be glib about this. This theft, and I am well aware that these are all too common, is an insidious and disturbing element of our society. I feel badly for Jacques and his family. It's creepy - and a damn shame. It would be nice to think the police will find the piece of s**t who did this, but it's depressingly unlikely.
In reality what good does it do if a culprit is caught anyway as absolutely nothing will become of it anyway . Crime is committed by the hard-core prolific offenders with impunity in B.C. How else do we get offenders with over 100 convictions ? That should be literally impossible to achive in any sensible societity. In catching criminals the only postive thing in it is to say we caught them , nothing more . Just like catch and release fishing.
Sorry for the rant there and maybe that part should go over to the Pub area , but having seen my brother's communtity destroyed by prolific offenders and hearing the endless tales of ineptness of the legal sytstem there has really got me steamed. You hear of reports of lower crime rates , but accordding to his first hand expearience , this has much to do with non-response to calls for help on property crime and non-reporting of crime due to disillusionment of repeat victims as well as by police , who are overloaded with cases .
wildthing
All Star

I am still confused as to how Chappy, the receivers coach, gets the blame for the playbook not being backed up. Would not Dan Dorazio (OC) or Wally (HC) be responsible for this as they are the guys?
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

hopefully one of the players has one that Jacques can copy
2012 Season Ticket Holder
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

oh the stupidity. :bang: :bang:
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

KnowItAll wrote:oh the stupidity. :bang: :bang:
Ya, dang fool gettin' broke into like that. Probably the first break-in in the lower mainland this year.

Come on. He already had his privacy invaded calling him stupid publicly is a bit much.

Unless you are referring to he ENTIRE Lions organization. Then you are spot on.
bclions16
Champion

Lions4ever wrote:I'm not prepared to be glib about this. This theft, and I am well aware that these are all too common, is an insidious and disturbing element of our society. I feel badly for Jacques and his family. It's creepy - and a damn shame. It would be nice to think the police will find the piece of s**t who did this, but it's depressingly unlikely.
Agreed, but he was responsible for this data that belongs to the organisation he works for. Being broken into is a separate issue from not protecting your data assets. Data without a backup is vulnerable in many ways: loss; theft; hardware failure etc. I feel VERY sorry for the Chapdelaine family home being violated, but the loss of data is Jacques' own fault.
wildthing wrote:I am still confused as to how Chappy, the receivers coach, gets the blame for the playbook not being backed up. Would not Dan Dorazio (OC) or Wally (HC) be responsible for this as they are the guys?
They have copies of the playbook, it's the statistical data and game planning material that apparently wasn't backed up. Not the boss' fault, other than perhaps not implementing a basic electrinic security policy. If you carry someone else's data (i.e. your employer) around with you: back it up. Basic stuff.
Dan_Payne_fan!! wrote:hopefully one of the players has one that Jacques can copy
They playbook yes, the other data, no.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
bclions16
Champion

Lion Guy wrote:
KnowItAll wrote:oh the stupidity. :bang: :bang:
Ya, dang fool gettin' broke into like that. Probably the first break-in in the lower mainland this year.
Come on. He already had his privacy invaded calling him stupid publicly is a bit much.
Unless you are referring to he ENTIRE Lions organization. Then you are spot on.
Even if you don't care one bit about the data or your employers, JUST TO COVER YOUR OWN BUTT, and save possible embarrassment, you back up the data you carry around with you.

The proof of my theory? Ask anyone that has been embarrassed by losing data in their possession if they have learned from their mistake and now back it up.