Hope the Lions are watching Mtl@SSK

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Als gave the game away with the double botched kick return, followed by the interception play where I thought AC was going to tuck the ball away and get a few positive yards.
smphantom
Legend

Damn Roughriders :bang: :bang:

Is it just me, or do the officials really seem to be giving Saskatchewan the benefit of all close calls this season. Must be reward for winning the cup........ :sigh:
Stay thirsty my friends.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

smphantom wrote:Damn Roughriders :bang: :bang:

Is it just me, or do the officials really seem to be giving Saskatchewan the benefit of all close calls this season. Must be reward for winning the cup........ :sigh:
It may boil down to making breaks for yourself, and capitalizing. The Lions used to do that, then stopped some while back. The D would make a great play, a turnover or somesuch, then the O would find the end zone. Now, the O fumbles the ball back, or throws a pick.

Onfield Officials give good teams the benefit of the doubt, too. No doubt of that.
David
Team Captain

joesports wrote:I agree that the call in the end zone was bogus. But the rules do state that on a simultaneous catch the ball goes to the offence. IMHO, Domingeuz did not have control over the ball and the defender is the one who came up with the ball.
Yea, that's my point. There was no "simutaneous" catch because when the ref blew the whistle, the players weren't fighting over the ball - the defender clearly had it. Even if Dominguez had the ball at one time it certainly wasn't long enough to establish simultaneous possession (and a TD).

Funny, Cates caught a ball earlier in the game and it seemed to me that he held on longer than Dominguez, when he was drilled and the ball popped loose (which Sanchez scooped up and ran in for a touchdown). They ruled that no catch.

Oh well. Montreal still imploded and only have themselves to blame. Marc Trestman obviously still doesn't know how the clock runs down in this league.

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Solar Max wrote: It may boil down to making breaks for yourself, and capitalizing. The Lions used to do that, then stopped some while back. The D would make a great play, a turnover or somesuch, then the O would find the end zone. Now, the O fumbles the ball back, or throws a pick.

Onfield Officials give good teams the benefit of the doubt, too. No doubt of that.
:whs:
You always want to win BUT some of these Rider wins have been of those big turning points. The big calls went the Riders way. These kind of wins may LULL a team. Go ahead have the big WINS in July. The Lions know how much those wins mean in October/November. I am actually glad the 'purrfect season' talk is well in swing in Greenland.
ziggy
Legend

joesports wrote:I agree that the call in the end zone was bogus. But the rules do state that on a simultaneous catch the ball goes to the offence. IMHO, Domingeuz did not have control over the ball and the defender is the one who came up with the ball.

Either way, Rider fans will continue to shoot their mouths off about how the refs either don't know what they are doing or they made the right call.

It seemed that Montreal kept shooting themselves in the foot repeatedly when they were winning the game.

I hope we don't do the same.
Can't believe they got that end zone call, looked like a interception to me!. Riders seem to be getting the benefit of the close calls this year so I'm sure the Rider fans will be happy with the improved officiating :lol: